Is It Necessary To Up-pot?

• Thread starter Skurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skurt

Skurt

You are perfectly understandable my man. If you want to sprout straight into your final container that is fine. You never really know exactly how much nutrition is in soil so be wary of the plant running out of food towards the end of flower, I would probably have some teas or something on hand and just be ready for it. As far as I know though, no real reason other than what has been mentioned.

Thanks mane seems as I start too wrap my mind around this part. There seem to be some people who likes too flush their plants 2 weeks before harvest and some who doesnt flush.. Maybe a no-flushing would be an option when planting in final container? Do you mean nutes when you say teas?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yeah...flushing is contentious topic, lots of opinions and none of them are really wrong. The idea is to dump a bunch of water through the grow medium to wash any excess nutes out. That is important if using synthetic nutes. For soil I would flush 2 weeks before harvest and then just water till the end so the plant can consume anything that didn't get flushed out. If you are doing organics, a flush isn't necessary and that is where I would use a tea. Coco is rad as you can pretty fully flush the medium in one go, I flush a week before harvest and then just water.

Teas vs. Nutrients has to do with your overall approach, teas are part of the organic methods.

So your question about container size and not needing to flush isn't really accurate. It is just all about removing excess nutrients from whatever sized container. High levels of residual nutrients make for crappy quality buds.

Skurt

Skurt

Dont get me wrong about not needing to flush and container size. I was thinking that if nutrient level was low at the end of flowering one would just flush later than 1-2 weeks before harvest.
I know now what you mean by teas aswell. Wish I'd done coco or fully organic tho but there will be a time and place for that aswell :)

xavier7995

xavier7995

You are onto something. Feed low for the life of the plant and the need to flush is minimal. It is really about getting rid of excess nutrients that might be present. That said, no amount of flushing is going to result in good quality if you fed them huge amounts of crap while they grew. The rule of thumb I have seen is to feed at about half the recommended strength.

No point crying over spilled milk, many more grows in the future and new methods to try. My first plants were outside next to a cornfield, who knows how much pesticide I consumed. Live and learn, it is all an experience to build on.

Top Bottom