Is it normal to have yellow spotting on leaves and just one tall stem?

• Thread starter Kahlakush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kahlakush

Hiya,

It’s my first time growing cannabis outdoors in Mexicos pacific coast and my plants beautiful, about 5 months old, but have just one tall flowery stem and some leafs have started having yellow spotting, any idea if this is normal?

Is it normal to have yellow spotting on leaves and just one tall stem
Is it normal to have yellow spotting on leaves and just one tall stem 2
Is it normal to have yellow spotting on leaves and just one tall stem 3
Is it normal to have yellow spotting on leaves and just one tall stem 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hiya,

It’s my first time growing cannabis outdoors in Mexicos pacific coast and my plants beautiful, about 5 months old, but have just one tall flowery stem and some leafs have started having yellow spotting, any idea if this is normal?
your container is waaaay too small but too late now as your almost done,..

Eledin

Eledin

When the bottom leaves start drooping like that (and its not because theyre thirsty) theyre done. The plant will suck all the nutrients and they will fall, they dont recieve as much light and theyre old so the plant doesnt want them, specially when it has limited root space like GNick pointed out. You can remove the bottom yellow ones, they will almost fall on their own. It does have other stems they just didnt grow taller so youre gonna have a cola that goes from top to bottom of the plant. That said it could have a bit of nute burn or ph issues. Is it an auto? What strain? What do you feed and how often? What are you using as growing medium? Do you use tap water? Does that tap water have chlorine? If so, let it evaporate for 2 days before using it. Check the ph of the water youre using, if youre using liquid nutes do it before and after. Sometimes tap water can come alkaline or organic liquid nutrients can ferment and acidify. You want a PH of around 6,5 for flower and around 6,2 for veg.

Last edited:
Z

Zill

Natural senescence. The plants look fine. Part of that annual plant life cycle thing.

Z

Zill

Time to go away. Read the one article that came across. And I waiting for that - When the brain runs low on information it’s always a lock out.

Eledin

Eledin

Oh yeah something is definetely off with the plant, the fact that is taking the nutes from the lower leaves doesnt mean is okay (sometimes it is). I have autos in small pots, I dont give a lot of nitrogen, I lose a few leaves during flower from the bottom thats fine but this plant has something else. My SCROGs also tend to lose the leaves that I dont remove from below, also natural process but thats more explainable because the upper canopy blocks most of the light.
1st: Its not only happening in the bottom leaves
2nd: the fact that the stems are so tiny and its gonna be a single cola is unusual, could be a strange phenotype but that doesnt explain why some leaves that are not on the bottom are affected by something.
3rd: Dont put 2 plants in the same pot, its gonna be a mess with the roots and theyre gonna compete for nutrients. Specially in such a small container.

Yes, Ive had plants that didnt lose a single leaf, having even the cotyledons green from start to finish even tho is much easier when its a plant without training, specially non toped. Once you top the plant you will most likely get yellow leaves falling off in the future.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

I retract the nute burn thing, only one burned tip the rest are totally fine. I would give them a bit more of nitrogen and check for pests under the leaves too just in case, its more than 1 thing and I see some spots, could be cause by watering or by bugs sucking on your leaves. Thats just me though. I think every other possible problem is just pot/soil related. Some leaf tips pointing downwards might indicate over or underwatering at some point for example.

Last edited:
Top Bottom