Is it okay Getting a bud sample?

• Thread starter Aaflexy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aaflexy

Aaflexy

Is it okay to rip off one of the lower buds without any negative effects on the plant? Ordered a jewelers loupe but not coming in time for harvest(5 days from today) so I wanted to get a small nug from the bottom plant to see it’s potency

DismalDude

DismalDude

Is it okay to rip off one of the lower buds without any negative effects on the plant? Ordered a jewelers loupe but not coming in time for harvest(5 days from today) so I wanted to get a small nug from the bottom plant to see it’s potency
I don't know about potency but I like to take a sample from under. Gives you an idea of taste/terps. I set mine in a net for like a week and then sample.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Hell ya...send me a sample!...
as long as your least a few wks or more into flower and good resin development...you may get a proper Buzz....Resins by variety are unpredictable till you try them directly...
I sample my varieties all thru Flower stage to find the Best Effect Window...Then work toward hitting that mark next round if it doesnt end up in that window naturally....
Clear resins can be effective....Cloudy even more so...But I test all stages...Clear, Cloudy and Amber....Cause maybe the effect from the Cloudy is more your type then a early clear resin or well matured Amber resins...Learn from the Plant...
power to it
FOE20

Aaflexy

Aaflexy

Hell ya...send me a sample!...
as long as your least a few wks or more into flower and good resin development...you may get a proper Buzz....Resins by variety are unpredictable till you try them directly...
I sample my varieties all thru Flower stage to find the Best Effect Window...Then work toward hitting that mark next round if it doesnt end up in that window naturally....
Clear resins can be effective....Cloudy even more so...But I test all stages...Clear, Cloudy and Amber....Cause maybe the effect from the Cloudy is more your type then a early clear resin or well matured Amber resins...Learn from the Plant...
power to it
FOE20
Haha I got you 😂 I’m on week 8 and 4 days so I wanted to try a little nug and I’ve seen people with the same strain (green crack) chop it at 9 weeks

Aaflexy

Aaflexy

18EE4830 66D3 4A21 8C38 DB00D8BAC624

This was taken starting week 8

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Haha I got you 😂 I’m on week 8 and 4 days so I wanted to try a little nug and I’ve seen people with the same strain (green crack) chop it at 9 weeks
I'll be watching bro! I chose green crack for my first strain, just on day 26 of 12/12 now. The seller reckoned these are done in seven weeks but I assume the usual marketing bs and guess it will be more like 9. My girls on day 23 in pics.

Love you hear how you go, you got pics? I've heard can be a really good yielder. Good daytime buzz by all accounts. I'll certainly be picking a bud or two before the nine weeks 😉

7FCC409A B1A6 43A8 A8A8 CDE0553B4AE7
48E1106D 11F8 472D 90D2 8F889BD30955
2EC200CC 4B55 4F13 BE43 A2A81B33887C
2790B758 33C7 41E7 95E1 17569C0E63C6
F58B7722 557E 48B8 8684 18028E7540DC
F5C113BB D681 4296 9859 11B6772FA8AA
DF5F2E57 7859 4E97 B1F6 625DA8C636A9
6BE51B6A 4678 4C16 8897 50BB7611808D
DismalDude

DismalDude

Thanks man,I was messing around a bit. Been here taking some first cuts today. This round is a first for me,trying an incremental harvest and see how it works out. Nothing wrong with testers just don't do the microwave...

Aaflexy

Aaflexy

I'll be watching bro! I chose green crack for my first strain, just on day 26 of 12/12 now. The seller reckoned these are done in seven weeks but I assume the usual marketing bs and guess it will be more like 9. My girls on day 23 in pics.

Love you hear how you go, you got pics? I've heard can be a really good yielder. Good daytime buzz by all accounts. I'll certainly be picking a bud or two before the nine weeks 😉
Same! I chose green crack for my first strain yours looked way better than mine I had problems with overwatering so it messed up my yield so I don’t think im going to yield to much but I grew four plants and all pretty different phenos I’m loving the characteristics, they smell so fruity but I have one that smells like rubber a little

6BA0F8D2 647B 4B14 BDC2 F391062549A7
Aaflexy

Aaflexy

Thanks man,I was messing around a bit. Been here taking some first cuts today. This round is a first for me,trying an incremental harvest and see how it works out. Nothing wrong with testers just don't do the microwave...
For sure not trying to have decarbed weed 😂

Aaflexy

Aaflexy

Here’s another top of a plant I’ll snap some pics for you when I turn on my lights in about 4 hours , they do get really top heavy .I have to keep tying them up!

FA35E792 DB44 45AA 86EE 6A8EE91950E4
DismalDude

DismalDude

Green crack was one of the first strains I grew as a total novice tent grower. Dude gave me 1 seed from HSO,at least I think that was the breeder. I ended up running it for awhile. A couple pics.
Gcrack2
Gcrack1

Top Bottom