Is it possible to bring back Thai stick?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I

maybe in later years there was one with opium , I never experienced that and I was dealing it for years , guess I'll do some research and interviews to see exactly what the truth is , maybe there were 2 versions ,the ones I had were 10.00 and wrapped in what looked like bamboo thread , just a chocolate / reddiish sativa
We had plenty of opiated products around just not Thai stick
There was another that came later called "Buddha" stick
Maybe that's the opiated one
I'll research
It was called Thai stick it was popular in the seventies and we smoked it all the time in the Northeast

same with the hash in the late sixties and early seventies; was a lot of opium in that too

dire wolf

dire wolf

Sorry if i came off as sounding llike a know it all douche , i think i have texting turrets syndrome.....
Just memories now...
I could be wrong
NO disrespect to anyone....

the rrock

the rrock

1. I could be wrong , and I got at least a dozen people who I grew up with ,in the 70 's we were all into the Thai stick , had loads of it so I know first hand , never heard anything about " opiated"
  2. I'm gonna see how my buds remember it .....
  3. I think the opiated part is a myth
I smoked the thai stick with and W/O the opium,picked them up in SF in a shooting gallery off Montgomery,between 1978 -81.Found them when I took a friend to score china white,which was becoming more rare with the flood of the Brown powder from Mexico which later started becoming even more rare after the tar hit the streets.These guys were mostly vets who got hooked during the war. Lucky I didnt die as I never got really strung out but ODed twice from the brown dope.The CW was mostly smoked because of the purity,It was pure enough never had to cook it before injecting(speedballing was a diiff story)makes my mouth water thinking of it....your myth is my nightmare(not really) as I have great memories from the 70s-80s and am lucky enough to tell about it.The climate here its tough to grow opium and the yield is just not worth it(ive tried)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Would it be possible with a team of breeders and a few hundred acres of farm land to recreate the old Thai stick?

I have no idea where to start with the genetics. Maybe Ace Seeds or finding some seeds on a trip to Thailand.

Definitely wouldn't need that many breeders or land. It can be done indoors, as Homes has said, with the right conditions. IIRC, tropical sativas do require different conditions than indicas in a lot of ways like humidity, shorter daylight times during veg, etc.

For seeds I'd start here.

shaganja

shaganja

Think what you want but you can't mimic what they grew in the 60-70's..wonder why coffee is grown where it is and everything else like that..just like difference races of people.. anyone remember monkey paw..
yes! smuggled it from saginaw to the u.p.!

Top Bottom