Is it possible to over oxygenate to plants?

• Thread starter DHendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DHendy

DHendy

Im started a grow 4 days ago and my seeds popped today which is good news.

I have a 5 gallon bucket filled with ph’d water with two air stones and the stones have been running for about a week now. I also have added 3 tbsp of molasses to the water. When i scooped some water out it was very cloudy and i was wondering if thats normal?

Im not sure if its possible to add too much oxygen by leaving the stones in the same water for so long in a non hydro grow. Any advice/knowledge is welcome.

One more thing id like yalls opinion on is how early should i be feeding with molasses? I havent given them any yet figured id ask here first since they just popped today.

Thanks!

workngrow

workngrow

Im started a grow 4 days ago and my seeds popped today which is good news.

I have a 5 gallon bucket filled with ph’d water with two air stones and the stones have been running for about a week now. I also have added 3 tbsp of molasses to the water. When i scooped some water out it was very cloudy and i was wondering if thats normal?

Im not sure if its possible to add too much oxygen by leaving the stones in the same water for so long in a non hydro grow. Any advice/knowledge is welcome.

One more thing id like yalls opinion on is how early should i be feeding with molasses? I havent given them any yet figured id ask here first since they just popped today.

Thanks!
Why airstones in a non hydro grow? From what I have seen some stones and diffusers create a cloud like effect with micro bubbles of oxygen in the water. Also, 2 air stones in a single bucket if it were DWC is probably too many. Just 1 would work for a 1 site dwc system. As for molasses, I thought this was only used later in grows not this early.

workngrow

workngrow

Ive read adding oxygen to the water is beneficial to root growth and developement in organic coco mediums.
Ah I see I had to do some research on that to understand why real quick.

DHendy

DHendy

Ah I see I had to do some research on that to understand why real quick.
Yeah, im jist not sure as to the limit. And since they wont be using this whole 5 gallons in the next week I want to make sure I dont over do it on the oxygen. Most of what I could find about it was dealing with hydro grows :/

workngrow

workngrow

Yeah, im jist not sure as to the limit. And since they wont be using this whole 5 gallons in the next week I want to make sure I dont over do it on the oxygen. Most of what I could find about it was dealing with hydro grows :/
You are probably good with just the 1 stone. I will be using 1 air stone per 15 gallon site in my system, my small system doesnt even use air stones because of the water agitation/circulation from the water pump vs. the system volume.

Oxygenation is needed but the plant is only going to use what its going to use and often times appears overthought. Yes you want it to happen to help speed things up and be healthy but its been proven that plants can survive off to very low to no forced oxygenation via air pump.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Don't add anything to the water until your just about to use it.just let it bubble with only the air stones. If your in soil and it's just freshly popped seedlings just give water for a few days. If your new to growing buy some organic grow and bloom and just stick with that until you get a better idea of what the plants need.also don't water too often.let the soil dry a good bit between waterings. Not bone dry of course but until the pot feels a good bit lighter than it did when freshly watered.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Also 2 air stones is fine. It won't do any harm getting more oxygen into the water.

DHendy

DHendy

Don't add anything to the water until your just about to use it.just let it bubble with only the air stones. If your in soil and it's just freshly popped seedlings just give water for a few days. If your new to growing buy some organic grow and bloom and just stick with that until you get a better idea of what the plants need.also don't water too often.let the soil dry a good bit between waterings. Not bone dry of course but until the pot feels a good bit lighter than it did when freshly watered.
thanks for the reply, I’ll replace the 5 gallon bucket with fresh water. Do you know why I shouldn't add it to the bucket and only to what will be used for watering? I was hoping to cut out measuring the molasses everytime, but if I have to, I will.

Top Bottom