Is It Possible To Run A Trane/goodman A/c Without Adding Positive Pressure?

• Thread starter nednurg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nednurg

Just like the title says. My business partner is trying to find deals on trane and goodman units with an indoor air handler and an outside condenser. Can these work the same way as mini-splits without adding pressure to the room? Thank you in advance.

sixstring

sixstring

Yes,the air handler will get its air from within the room just like a mini split

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Just like the title says. My business partner is trying to find deals on trane and goodman units with an indoor air handler and an outside condenser. Can these work the same way as mini-splits without adding pressure to the room? Thank you in advance.

Make sure you mount the air handler in the room it's cooling. I'm a HVAC tech. I would stay away from Goodman. It has a spotty reputation. IMO Trane is good but maybe a bit overpriced. Also with Trane they like to sell u bells and whistles you don't need. Just my 2 cents. Luxaire/York is a reasonable priced alternative.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Yes, i personally like the indoor unit to be out of the grow room so you can service it and not disturb the garden. You just have to add a supply and return duct. The unit can be in another room/closet. Just my 2 cents. You can actually do zoning with it 1 zone damper for bloom room 1 zone damper for vege room 1 zone damper for mancave :wideyed: my bad I'm rambling I'm stoned as fuck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom