is it possible to start from seed in a UC?

• Thread starter cultleader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cultleader

Well just made the purchase of some DNA gear and they are fem beans also a 1st for me so really trying to do things properly. I have always grown in amended soil so this whole hydro thing scares the hell out of me. I was just wondering if I can start my beans the normal way with wet towels on my water heater and then put into a block of rock wool then place in the UC? Any ideas? Also purchased the 3 in 1 meter and are they difficult to use? Very new to this hydro thing just wondering if I am getting in over my head.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Yes, you can start from seed in the UC system, have done it many many times. You might need to hand water or setup a top drip for the first couple weeks right after they germinate. There are several methods actually that work great for seed starting directly in the UC system.

Just remember that a new born seedling can be very fragile and must stay moist at all times never drying out.

If you are that new to hydroponics, you need to learn at least the basics before you begin or you can do as many others which is the "trial by error" method. The rules are very different for hydroponics vs soil, just a FYI. Another problem is that soil growers will always try and give advice to hydroponics users....dont know why that is but beware. They mean well at heart I am sure they just do not realize how different it really is.

Cheers!

C

cultleader

Thanks Hydro, I do realize how different it will be that is why I am a bit apprehensive to take the plunge.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Plenty of great guides here at the farm as well as a bunch of experts that will be able to assist you. Just do your homework and you will be just fine! Hydroponics is really fun and you will learn lots about plants, water and nutrients.

Please feel free to ask away!

Cheers & Good luck to you!

C

cultleader

thanks rocks, I just bought the new canna grow bible, man I have so many books now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom