Is It Possible To Transplant From Rockwool To Soil?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

a buddy of mine gave me a clone.. and it's rooted in a tiny rockwool plug and that plug is planted in like a 7"x7" cube.. I'm guessing it came from like one of those hydro setups or something.. but I wanna know if I can take the root ball out and plant into some soil I have. I don't do hydro and have zero experience with it.. so I just wanna stick to what I know..

Here's some pics.. it seems well rooted and everything.. so idk if it's gonna work out but is barely showing roots out the bottom of the large cube. lol

Is it possible to transplant from rockwool to soil
Is it possible to transplant from rockwool to soil 2
Is it possible to transplant from rockwool to soil 3
Is it possible to transplant from rockwool to soil 4

bankcee

bankcee

20160126 122103
20160126 122055
20160126 122049
so I'm now noticing the plant seems to be dying going through some def.. or something.. maybe shock? idk.. I planted the cube in some super soil that's been cooking for like 90 days. I transplanted and then watered in two days later with an act. some kelp ewc and psg. and some molasses.. diluted 1:2.

but she looks like this..

Bannacis

Bannacis

Considering the cube, it will prolly wick up water that you put in the super soil, plus the extra you added. and being it a fresh transplant...you shocked, overwatered...
Depending on how hot the supper soil is, the cube may cause problems until your plant has had time to adjust and grow roots beyond the cube.
Less is best...keep it simple...

germinator

germinator

My .02....Get your soil moist when replanting, you may want to water from the top of the cube for a week or so till your bearding below then steady as she goes. I think she's asking you for a new shoes.

bankcee

bankcee

Considering the cube, it will prolly wick up water that you put in the super soil, plus the extra you added. and being it a fresh transplant...you shocked, overwatered...
Depending on how hot the supper soil is, the cube may cause problems until your plant has had time to adjust and grow roots beyond the cube.
Less is best...keep it simple...

so no more watering it is still moist? just let it dry out? so the roots can go searching for moisture and into the super soil?

Bannacis

Bannacis

Yes, and when you do water...Use plain phed water put it at about the edge of the cube, not near stem.
Let your super soil do its thing, plain water first few times. then maybe add a mild tea to your soil.
Once she starts taking off you can feed more.
On a usual transplant (without cube) you might of been ok. most of the cubes I seen transplanted were the very small plug type, so your larger one may be a tricky sitch...
It might not recover fully so cut your best top and clone it. best of luck

mancdank

mancdank

From the look of it u might have a little pythium your guna need some good quality root stim :)

M

motz

You said it right off the bat, you cannot put cuts and or babies right into supersoil, you burned them up.
Nute burn, might as well pitch and start over.

Tank707

Tank707

Whenever I've done this be always had to make sure the top of the wool can still get air. I plant the whole cube but leave the wool 1/4-1/2" above soil line. Your wool will soak up any moisture of the soil. Just my .02 from past experiences. You can always try cutting the plant down pulling the little plug trimming the roots and planting just the little cube into soil once she bounces back

bankcee

bankcee

You said it right off the bat, you cannot put cuts and or babies right into supersoil, you burned them up.
Nute burn, might as well pitch and start over.

but she wasn't a fresh cut, she had already looked well esteblished..

Latest posts

Top Bottom