Is it ready for harvest?

• Thread starter Lllaadyel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lllaadyel

I’m just getting to the end of my first grow. I’ve had so much fun and learned so much. Made plenty of mistakes but did some thing right too. I wonder if you experts could tell me if you think my plant is almost ready to harvest. i have 3 whiskey Zulu autoflower plants. 2 are at about the same stage while one seemed to forget it was an autoflower and didn’t actually start to bud till I changed to 12/12. It also grew much taller than the others. Not sure what happened but I’m still a happy camper and going with the flow.

These pictures are from the 2 that seem close. Any help I am very grateful for.

Is it ready for harvest
Is it ready for harvest 2
Is it ready for harvest 3
Is it ready for harvest 4
Is it ready for harvest 5
Heywood

Heywood

We were just discussing similar points with another grower.
If you like, you could reference here:

Otherwise, your trichomes look clear to cloudy to me. I don't see any amber in there yet.
Better pics would be good, but yeah, it is hard to get those trich's in focus...

L

Lllaadyel

We were just discussing similar points with another grower.
If you like, you could reference here:

Otherwise, your trichomes look clear to cloudy to me. I don't see any amber in there yet.
Better pics would be good, but yeah, it is hard to get those trich's in focus...
Being the first time using this little microscope thing, yes it’s very hard. By amber, I thought it meant those hair like things. I didn’t realize the trichimes also turn amber.. thank you so much for the link and the teaching moment

Heywood

Heywood

Being the first time using this little microscope thing, yes it’s very hard. By amber, I thought it meant those hair like things. I didn’t realize the trichimes also turn amber.. thank you so much for the link and the teaching moment
You are very welcome.
The hair like things are "stigmas" and yeah, they'll turn colors as well as the flowers mature.

So now just curious... feel like providing a picture or two zoomed out to where we can see the whole plant, or maybe some of your buds?
Just for fun and to be sociable. 😊
You don't have to if you don't want to.

strider26554

strider26554

I’m just getting to the end of my first grow. I’ve had so much fun and learned so much. Made plenty of mistakes but did some thing right too. I wonder if you experts could tell me if you think my plant is almost ready to harvest. i have 3 whiskey Zulu autoflower plants. 2 are at about the same stage while one seemed to forget it was an autoflower and didn’t actually start to bud till I changed to 12/12. It also grew much taller than the others. Not sure what happened but I’m still a happy camper and going with the flow.

These pictures are from the 2 that seem close. Any help I am very grateful for.
It is very hard to tell WHERE on the plant you are taking the pics, I would do a whole bud pic then zoom in on the calyxes ( the part of the bud that would normally be producing the seed but since it hasnt been pollinated is just growing fat) and try to see the ratio of cloudy trichs to clear/amber, and remember some strains never really go full amber ( or even close), I grow old school afghani strains that never go amber, the just get a yellowish tinge to the cloudiness. and there are several types of trichs, you really want to focus on the stalked bulbous trichs on the calyxes themselves.

Heywood

Heywood

capitate stalked <-- For the win
capitate sessile
bulbous glandular

L

Lllaadyel

Hi. Thank you all for the feedback. So I took some more pictures and I’ve got a few questions. I am taking pictures of the actual bud on the plants. I’m not very good and as I mentioned before, this is my very first grow so I welcome feedback for sure because I want to learn.

so the first 4 pictures are of my 3 plants. All three are grown in the same soil, same lighting, same nutrients, same everything. As you can see, something went off the rails on the last one. These are whiskey Zulu plants auto fem. The first 2 stayed stout, and seem pretty healthy I suppose. I use the ph perfect micro, grow, bloom, I also added bud candy and cal mag Later at half recommend doses. I feed, water water feed. Right now the disaster plant is the only one getting nutrients. The others are not because I have no idea when to flush because I don’t know how to gauge when it’s a week before harvest. I read a lot but, well it’s my first grow. The last plant didn’t go to flower like the others and also just kept getting taller while the others stayed short. It’s now 4.5 feet tall.

The next grouping of photos are trichomes from all the plants. from your earlier assessment, I assume these are still not ready.

The last photo is of the weird plant, it looked to me like male parts. Any input would be amazing.

I want to thank you all for this amazing site. I’ve learned so much from all of you already.

D7C83B7A FBD4 48CF 831E A02DC37BA07A
CC609C66 12E3 43F6 B4B5 0A7B67AC4769
6FDAA9A1 A3AC 48BE B1E2 9AF3AC2B46F7
80C184DD F229 4A03 9F9D 1426DFAE9096
408174BA 9ED8 4845 B52E 9BCE2DBCA8E0
294D2CD8 E245 44D0 A819 8AFD850C128B
3E85A8FF 2DD8 43FE B5AE 88C653C1DE8B
F0744948 F7C4 4781 8BD8 79786B558C7B
921CA925 7FC3 4662 8D8E D7D8BBBC208F
974DEE4A A1F7 455D BF4B 6C8A86549823
F465ED2F 15D7 4CD5 870F 0ADB37918136
19088B4C 9E11 423B B2E9 39AF3468FD0F
418A0103 76E3 47D4 A1FA 373AE81A22E3
Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

How did they turn out after you harvested? They look good for a first grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom