Is it ready for nutrients? 3.5 weeks old!

• Thread starter Nateoh907
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nateoh907

Nateoh907

What does everyone think? I hear 5 week, 4 sets of true leaves, 5 sets of true leaves. People have said depending on growth within time it will be noticeable ie color changes? This is my first so I hope I'm just being overly curious. Thanks!

Is it ready for nutrients 35 weeks old
Is it ready for nutrients 35 weeks old 2
Is it ready for nutrients 35 weeks old 3
Is it ready for nutrients 35 weeks old 4
Is it ready for nutrients 35 weeks old 5
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
What does everyone think? I hear 5 week, 4 sets of true leaves, 5 sets of true leaves. People have said depending on growth within time it will be noticeable ie color changes? This is my first so I hope I'm just being overly curious. Thanks!
does your soil come with nutes?
easy on watering, lots of holes in container bottom and sides for air flow and help dry out soil, wet/dry cycle.

Nateoh907

Nateoh907

does your soil come with nutes?
easy on watering, lots of holes in container bottom and sides for air flow and help dry out soil, wet/dry cycle.
Ya I'm using nectar for the gods #4. I watered yesterday on a 3x width and 3x height of plant every 3-4 days until 3x width of plant is size of pot. I just got out of a dry cycle. I am gonna run fox farm nutrients though. Just dont know when the perfect time is.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you growing medium is pre loaded with nutrients, I don't think I would consider additional feedings for at least 2 months, again depending on plant size and size/amount of container/soil. Your plant is still pretty small and has barely touched the nutrients in the soil if it already had nutrients in it. I think you might benefit from stronger light, as your plants look a bit on the small size for their age. Don't get me wrong as some strains take forever to grow, then suddenly grow like, well... weeds! If you don't have any nutrients already in the soil, you could start b giving it a 25% dose of whatever you use, but be careful not to overfeed it, which can damage and stall your growth.

Nateoh907

Nateoh907

If you growing medium is pre loaded with nutrients, I don't think I would consider additional feedings for at least 2 months, again depending on plant size and size/amount of container/soil. Your plant is still pretty small and has barely touched the nutrients in the soil if it already had nutrients in it. I think you might benefit from stronger light, as your plants look a bit on the small size for their age. Don't get me wrong as some strains take forever to grow, then suddenly grow like, well... weeds! If you don't have any nutrients already in the soil, you could start b giving it a 25% dose of whatever you use, but be careful not to overfeed it, which can damage and stall your growth.
Much appreciated!

ThisReckless

ThisReckless

It should have had nutrients mixed into the soil; the yellowing is sign of nitrogen deficiency, the burning look on the bottom leaves is because the plant is moving the nitrogen to the new growth since there is none.

You should amend, add calcium and magnesium. Depending on what you use you should use it sparingly while the plant recovers.

You could still save it.

ThisReckless

ThisReckless

She came back pretty well. I ended up giving 1/4 or even less of fox farm and it took it nicely. That being said should those terrible looking lower leaves go or stay?

Yea for sure looking better, the new growth is coming back. The cotyledon leaves will die and so will the lower leaves. New growth will start at the top and outgrow the old. You can see the lower leaves turning green again but the necrosis on the leaves will never go away. Eventually if you keep up with the nutrients then you’ll never even know.

Nitrogen is pretty important, when the leaves are really green it allows you to identify other deficiencies like magnesium and even phosphorus.

I will say I don’t know if this is a feminized strain or a regular, but stress like this can cause a regular strain to hermie or even change to a male in an effort to self pollinate so the genetics don’t end with that plant.

So work on a seedling mix for yourself that you know the plant is going to have nutrients from the start, and try not to over water because dampening off will kill a plant.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Just feed it 1/4 strength like you did for a week or so, then up to 1/2. That should be plenty for veg, no need to ever run full strength per instructions. Feed, feed, water. Drench the pot so the solution flows through it entirely and let it drain. As mentioned previously, let the soil dry until the pot is light to lift, then water. At first it will be a few days, then it could be everyday, learn your girls.

Jamie73

Jamie73

I haven't touched it and it looks worse.
Definitely nutrient burn. Slow release and organic have nutrients in them. I would try and transplant her to a no nutrient soil. Use myco around the root hole and plant. Mycos does wonders for some odd reason. Most claims are dudes but this stuff is real for great roots. Especially when transplanting. Feeds the roots. Add cal/mag to water twice a week. Then start back up on nutrients at a 1/4 dosage and ease into adding more. Ph the water to 6.7-7.0 at watering. Help the roots suck up that water. The dry cycle your using is perfect. Keep humidity 50% or lower so no rot can happen. She’ll be good as new and much bigger.

ThisReckless

ThisReckless

Definitely nutrient burn. Slow release and organic have nutrients in them. I would try and transplant her to a no nutrient soil. Use myco around the root hole and plant. Mycos does wonders for some odd reason. Most claims are dudes but this stuff is real for great roots. Especially when transplanting. Feeds the roots. Add cal/mag to water twice a week. Then start back up on nutrients at a 1/4 dosage and ease into adding more. Ph the water to 6.7-7.0 at watering. Help the roots suck up that water. The dry cycle your using is perfect. Keep humidity 50% or lower so no rot can happen. She’ll be good as new and much bigger.

No nutrient burn looks like this, and another way you can tell it’s not nutrient burn is because his plant responded well to an increase in EC.

If he had too much nutrients then his leaves wouldn’t be yellow, stunted growth, thin purple stem, etc.

Moving over to a container with no nutrients is a bad idea; especially for a deficient seedling.

1D175792 5C15 4C45 9E0F CB1CFD3E910C
Nateoh907

Nateoh907

No nutrient burn looks like this, and another way you can tell it’s not nutrient burn is because his plant responded well to an increase in EC.

If he had too much nutrients then his leaves wouldn’t be yellow, stunted growth, thin purple stem, etc.

Moving over to a container with no nutrients is a bad idea; especially for a deficient seedling.
I finished first week of 1/4 nutrients and just gave my first feeding of 1/2 nutrients yesterday. These two pics r from thursday. I also am playing with the height of my 600 watt led after reading some reviews on finding the perfect height so its sitting at 19.5 inch away and seems to be doing great.

20200326 194437
20200326 194633
Nateoh907

Nateoh907

I finished first week of 1/4 nutrients and just gave my first feeding of 1/2 nutrients yesterday. These two pics r from thursday. I also am playing with the height of my 600 watt led after reading some reviews on finding the perfect height so its sitting at 19.5 inch away and seems to be doing great.

20200328 091411
MikeZ

MikeZ

I've used same light a foot away and got some slammer seedlings with plain old promix no nutes till 3rd set. Try lowering it little by little if you notice burn higher it your plant will grow ten times faster or maybe get a light meter?

Nateoh907

Nateoh907

I've used same light a foot away and got some slammer seedlings with plain old promix no nutes till 3rd set. Try lowering it little by little if you notice burn higher it your plant will grow ten times faster or maybe get a light meter?
Ya I'm playing with the height and the plants seem to be taking the light better and better everyday. What is a good indicator (early) that the leaves are starting to burn cause the light is to close? Thanks ahead of time!

MikeZ

MikeZ

Ya I'm playing with the height and the plants seem to be taking the light better and better everyday. What is a good indicator (early) that the leaves are starting to burn cause the light is to close? Thanks ahead of time!

Top Bottom