Is it ready or not?

• Thread starter Weedwhacke421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedwhacke421

Weedwhacke421

Ok fellow growers let's see how many different opinions we can get. I really would like to know what some growers feel when a plant is ready to be harvested. This will help me but also maybe other growers just starting off. To me there are no wrong answers just different opinions. I will use what I am looking for in a good smoke as a start off. I am looking for a smooth tasteful smoke more than one that will knock me off my feet. I will show where I am at in my grow and will post some not-so-great pictures lol. This is purple haze from ILGM. There are nine plants with 1200-watt HPS on them. I used fox farm soil, plus I did use for the first time some bud candy I think it is called or candy bud. I do realize that the drying and curing play a part, but this is just to know when to start the harvest. Thanks for all opinions.

Is it ready or not
Is it ready or not 2
Is it ready or not 3
Is it ready or not 4
Is it ready or not 5
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

To me there are no wrong answers just different opinions.
You'll find there are wrong answers, too.

This is not done. While it is not easy to see what's happening in photos taken under HPS lights, I can see there there are a considerable number of stigmas that are still white. The plant is not ready to harvest until they're all or almost all red and shriveled.

If you have a magnifier of some sort, once the stigmas are red and shriveled, start looking at the trichs on the bracts. When a few of them turn amber, it's done for me. Others consider it ready when the stigmas turn red. Others consider it ready when there are more than just a few amber trichs. The degree of amber that rings your bell is where there are opinions with no wrong answers.

Weedwhacke421

Weedwhacke421

You'll find there are wrong answers, too.

This is not done. While it is not easy to see what's happening in photos taken under HPS lights, I can see there there are a considerable number of stigmas that are still white. The plant is not ready to harvest until they're all or almost all red and shriveled.

If you have a magnifier of some sort, once the stigmas are red and shriveled, start looking at the trichs on the bracts. When a few of them turn amber, it's done for me. Others consider it ready when the stigmas turn red. Others consider it ready when there are more than just a few amber trichs. The degree of amber that rings your bell is where there are opinions with no wrong answers.
That is what I go by. I use a jewelry magnifier to look close at the trichs and when I see about 10% roughly is when I harvest. But I wanted to see what other people go buy and really what the difference is if you wait a little longer or harvest to soon. Thank you

Weedwhacke421

Weedwhacke421

I will turn off the yellow hps lights and get a better picture today.

Top Bottom