Is It Time To Harvest This Plant?

• Thread starter Rearnaked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rearnaked

Rearnaked

Jack Skellington - 9.5 weeks into flowering

I know people like to harvest at different times according to different stages of the trichomes being clear/cloudy/amber - this is my first real grow so I'm a little anxious. Hoping that anyone who has grown could take a look at the 3 pictures and say if they'd harvest now or not.

Is it time to harvest this plant
Is it time to harvest this plant 2
Is it time to harvest this plant 3

Hydro head

Hydro head

The triches look clear still, I'd give another week or two, just plain water and keep checking her, I like mine maybe 40 to 50% amber myself

King Julien

King Julien

Looks far from ready to me. Not like crazy long just not ready to chop any time soon. I'm seeing mostly clear trichs that just have hints of cloudiness starting to form in them. Different parts of the plant will have trichs that mature faster than others though so that's something to take into account.

If it's near a sugar leaf edge or tip is is likely to start clouding and turning amber before many other places on the plant. From what I can tell those pics are from calyx's though but it doesn't matter. Where ever those pics are from that bud isn't ready yet.

Depending on your preference you can harvest earlier or later for a little more head high with early and a little more body stone with later. A lot of people tend to harvest indicas earlier so that they don't get too stoney and harvest sativas later so they have a little balance to them but personally I like a barely early sativa. I want it to crawl up in my head and twist it around for a bit.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

all depends on how you like your medicine.

I pick 20 trichomes on a bud. what I want is 50% cloudy 10-15% amber and tge rest clear.

if you like the couch lock you can go a larger % of amber trichomes.
Jack Skellington - 9.5 weeks into flowering

I know people like to harvest at different times according to different stages of the trichomes being clear/cloudy/amber - this is my first real grow so I'm a little anxious. Hoping that anyone who has grown could take a look at the 3 pictures and say if they'd harvest now or not.

View attachment 746477 View attachment 746478 View attachment 746479

Top Bottom