Is it time to harvest?

• Thread starter Plur90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Plur90

Plur90

Hey everyone,
This is just my second time growing succesfully outside, so exactly when to harvest these buds is a little hazy. I've read a ton of info about the pistils and the color of them being important, but I also read to ignore the pistils and just focus on trichomes being milky.

Anyways, the pistils on the colas are about 60% brown, but the lower buds are at about 20%. Trichomes on the colas look milky and dense while lower buds milky and sparse.

How much bigger are these really going to get? It's an autoflower sativa at about 16 weeks.

Thankyou.

Is it time to harvest
Is it time to harvest 2
Is it time to harvest 3
Is it time to harvest 4
Is it time to harvest 5
Is it time to harvest 6
Is it time to harvest 7
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Amber pistils tell me it's time to start looking at the trichomes on the buds. How cloudy or amber the trichomes are at harvest is a matter of preference. When most of the trichomes are cloudy, the effect will be energizing. When there's a high percentage of amber trichomes, the effect will be relaxing.

Your plant looks like it has a few more weeks to go.

L

Learningdetroit

You have a few more weeks to go, I would invest in a $7 jewelry loupe so you can look at your tricomes if you don’t have one already.

I personally wouldn’t ever put a plant that close to tomato’s might be something to think about for next season. Botrytis spores originate in the residue of tomatoes. Make sure you’re peeling back the buds right now and checking for any bud rot some of those hairs seem off to me but it might just be the pictures.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom