Is It Too Early Too Top?

• Thread starter Ganjagreenie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjagreenie

Ganjagreenie

Is it too early too top
So my little plant is 17 days old now and I was wondering if I can top it right above the third node after the top grows out a little bit more or if it's still too soon to do so.

Ganjagreenie

Ganjagreenie

Ok that's no big deal, I can wait for the fourth node it's only like another week. thanks tinder

BudBogart

BudBogart

Too young and topping needs to consider what you need the plant do as far as overall height, business, etc. going under lights?

Ganjagreenie

Ganjagreenie

no I'm not using lights, I'm growing outdoors so I guess my plants are going to go the next three months with 12/12 light as I live in Florida. Also keep in mind that I am not growing my plants for yields, this grow is for educational purposes. I have three plants to test different methods of training, one plant will be topped, one will be low stress trained, and the last will grow naturally. My goal is to find which method I like more.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 638415 So my little plant is 17 days old now and I was wondering if I can top it right above the third node after the top grows out a little bit more or if it's still too soon to do so.
That is about the size of the top that I clone... I would let the plant get a Lil growth before you throw her in the weight room and start punishing her... Answer as said earlier, your just gonna start flowering immediately. It will probably produce a 10g nugget..

You won't have a chance to try any techniques because of that. So your experiment is doomed from the start...
Have you grown before? Indoor? Outdoor?

Ganjagreenie

Ganjagreenie

That is about the size of the top that I clone... I would let the plant get a Lil growth before you throw her in the weight room and start punishing her... Answer as said earlier, your just gonna start flowering immediately. It will probably produce a 10g nugget..

You won't have a chance to try any techniques because of that. So your experiment is doomed from the start...
Have you grown before? Indoor? Outdoor?
I am outdoors and have little to no experience with cannabis. I just like plants, I think it's neat how plants can take minerals and nutrients and make fruit, and how they follow the sun and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong I smoke the medicine I just dont plan to grow anything with real yields till about February. I just had a couple bag seeds and thought it would be a good experiment for this winter

Top Bottom