Is it too late to top?

• Thread starter Dr_Cactus12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr_Cactus12

Hey everyone, I have three plants growing indoors as of right now, two of which I topped one week ago and the other one still hasn’t been topped. I honestly don’t remember why I decided not to top it but whatever it is the plant is still not topped I also switched to flowering (12/12) about five days ago. I would like to top this plant if I can but I’m not sure if that’s a good idea since I just switched to flowering. Thanks!

3B9E4BF7 8D57 4420 A4B2 2F4BBC26961A
0A0AF4F2 0DFA 4E30 B81E 6A7836D94CA4
Heywood

Heywood

Bend the main stem over. It will grow like it's topped if the tip of the main stem top is below the level of the next highest branch. No need to top the plant to bush it out using this technique.

Grampa has a good point. I would add that pick where you intend to bend the main stem over, and with your finger tips - pinch pinch pinch then gently lay it over.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Grampa has a good point. I would add that pick where you intend to bend the main stem over, and with your finger tips - pinch pinch pinch then gently lay it over.
... Or roll the stem where you want it to bend between your thumb and finger until you feel the stem soften. It should bend over nicely for you.