Is it worth finishing these plants?

• Thread starter Hsilvas81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Help! So I'm going into week 4 of the flower stage. Hawaiian Purple Kush, Fortune Cookies and Jack Herer. I really screwed this up. Followed too many sites to where I brought so much stress to these girls. Added Hydrogen Peroxide. Coffee Grounds. Egg shells. Vitamin thrive. Used autoflower living soil. Put in tomato garden fertilizer at random. Total newbie moves. To my credit they looked a lot worse a couple days ago. I flushed them completely with distilled water and they all came alive. Any suggestions st this point?

Is it worth finishing these plants
Is it worth finishing these plants 2
Is it worth finishing these plants 3
Is it worth finishing these plants 4
Is it worth finishing these plants 5
Is it worth finishing these plants 6
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Hi and thanks for sharing, hopefully we can get you the help your girls need, there's a lot of knowledgeable and helpful Growers here at the FARM...

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Over watered and over fed.
Yes, finish them.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

throw them out, start over and stop doing all that extra stuff
My first thought was to do just that when they looked bad. I'm talking drooped leaves and drooped stem. Ever since I flushed them out and put light at 100%. They have come to life so I feel guilty not letting them fight to the bitter end.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I pretty much agree with detroitjoe. To finish the relatively few plants and buds you’ve got growing will take another 2-4 weeks. In that time you could start another crop of much healthier plants (assuming you have seeds or clones) and be harvesting a big healthy crop in 8-10 weeks. If your present light timing is 12-12, you could still start new crop while current one matures then switch to 18-6 after harvesting current crop. Good luck.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

My first thought was to do just that when they looked bad. I'm talking drooped leaves and drooped stem. Ever since I flushed them out and put light at 100%. They have come to life so I feel guilty not letting them fight to the bitter end.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

I pretty much agree with detroitjoe. To finish the relatively few plants and buds you’ve got growing will take another 2-4 weeks. In that time you could start another crop of much healthier plants (assuming you have seeds or clones) and be harvesting a big healthy crop in 8-10 weeks. If your present light timing is 12-12, you could still start new crop while current one matures then switch to 18-6 after harvesting current crop. Good luck.
Thanks. Yes. I just had new sprouts come up 9/7

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Unless the plant is bunk or clearly dieing i never give up on a plant, i recently had an autoflower that refused to flower but was clearly female so i cut her cycle sent her to bed early and took her to task, she ran 110 days but had i given up i would not have this, filled a full mason jar + some, purple pheno with nice red bud, pic of full plant was around 70 days, pic of top at about day 100 remember life will find a way!

20210801 093921
20210808 053843
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks. Yes. I just had new sprouts come up 9/7
" Added Hydrogen Peroxide. Coffee Grounds. Egg shells. Vitamin thrive. Used autoflower living soil. Put in tomato garden fertilizer at random "

If you are going to add this stuff you gotta know what you're doing. A bit from here a little of that, lots of ??.

I've never used any of that in any of my grows, I'm not saying you can't use it but its confusing as fk to know how much, when, and how often. I follow a simple recipe that comes with the product I buy. I spend months growing stuff I want to smoke. I don't want to spend that time and effort and end up with crap.

May I suggest you go with a nutrient company and their products for a proper feed schedule & quantities needed. There are plenty relatively cheap products that can give you a full line that you'll need. I use General Hydroponics three part + Kool Bloom. I just bought 1 quart of each that will last me 6 - 8 months for $92 Canadian... or about $60 US...

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
with the shape of them, lack of resins, personally i wouldn't bother....you want healthy all thru for proper form and profile...I dont want to be mean but those are fucked....gl
FOE20

Ponky

Ponky

No. The yield VS. 5 weeks to finish compared to yield in a tent that size done right isn't worth it. Better off starting again immediately. To have more smoke overall. The plants can be finished. But yield vs. time spent says reset. Try again.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

" Added Hydrogen Peroxide. Coffee Grounds. Egg shells. Vitamin thrive. Used autoflower living soil. Put in tomato garden fertilizer at random "

If you are going to add this stuff you gotta know what you're doing. A bit from here a little of that, lots of ??.

I've never used any of that in any of my grows, I'm not saying you can't use it but its confusing as fk to know how much, when, and how often. I follow a simple recipe that comes with the product I buy. I spend months growing stuff I want to smoke. I don't want to spend that time and effort and end up with crap.

May I suggest you go with a nutrient company and their products for a proper feed schedule & quantities needed. There are plenty relatively cheap products that can give you a full line that you'll need. I use General Hydroponics three part + Kool Bloom. I just bought 1 quart of each that will last me 6 - 8 months for $92 Canadian... or about $60 US...
Yeah it's a case of me being completely new to this. Seeing it start to bud and get excited. Then eventually reading every link on growing and trying everything. Very stupid move on my part at $12 a seed it's not a huge loss but hurts all the same. I just hope to salvage what I have here. Going to just distilled water for the next two weeks every couple of days or when the surface soil is dry. Don't know if I should feed anything else at this point. Have six weeks of flower period left according to packaging of these strains.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Unless the plant is bunk or clearly dieing i never give up on a plant, i recently had an autoflower that refused to flower but was clearly female so i cut her cycle sent her to bed early and took her to task, she ran 110 days but had i given up i would not have this, filled a full mason jar + some, purple pheno with nice red bud, pic of full plant was around 70 days, pic of top at about day 100 remember life will find a way!

you might not want to give up but me, ill send that bitch to the hangman.
im not wasting resources.
nice pics

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Personally I haven't used organic soil so I can't really say what is best to add or not add.. if it was me and they popped back up after just water I would try to let them finish with proper watering practice (wet dry cycles). Almost half way thru flower, it would be hard for me to cull them at this point if they came back to life. I like giving these plants the benefit of the doubt because sometimes hard stress might kick them into fight or flight kinda response if you can keep their health and happiness up.. but that could probly either make bud or possibly make them pop nanners which nobody wants so it's kind of a gamble now but you never know. Just my opinion if it was me in the situation.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Personally I haven't used organic soil so I can't really say what is best to add or not add.. if it was me and they popped back up after just water I would try to let them finish with proper watering practice (wet dry cycles). Almost half way thru flower, it would be hard for me to cull them at this point if they came back to life. I like giving these plants the benefit of the doubt because sometimes hard stress might kick them into fight or flight kinda response if you can keep their health and happiness up.. but that could probly either make bud or possibly make them pop nanners which nobody wants so it's kind of a gamble now but you never know. Just my opinion if it was me in the situation.
Yes. I've read this could also be beneficial to the THC as you said the plant pushes to produce more or potent THC which would be extremely dumb luck.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Never give up on your grows. No matter what the rest may think about a waste of time, you are still learning and this is a perfect learning opportunity. To have someone snatch that from you is rude and insensitive.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Never give up on your grows. No matter what the rest may think about a waste of time, you are still learning and this is a perfect learning opportunity. To have someone snatch that from you is rude and insensitive.
Thanks and yes it has made me pay attention to my watering schedules and watching how the plant recovers. Paying attention to the leaves and buds. I want to have good smoke and I already buy good smoke in California. So the need for success in these plants in particular is null. But I would like to see them out to harvest.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Help! So I'm going into week 4 of the flower stage. Hawaiian Purple Kush, Fortune Cookies and Jack Herer. I really screwed this up. Followed too many sites to where I brought so much stress to these girls. Added Hydrogen Peroxide. Coffee Grounds. Egg shells. Vitamin thrive. Used autoflower living soil. Put in tomato garden fertilizer at random. Total newbie moves. To my credit they looked a lot worse a couple days ago. I flushed them completely with distilled water and they all came alive. Any suggestions st this point?
Any reason these plants have no smell at all since sprout? When I rub the stem it smells great but their is no aroma at all but earth and vegetation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom