Is marijuania really addictive?

• Thread starter 2hotmomma88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

With Colorado having rec use legal, there have been lots of news stories done on marijuana. Some say marijuania is addictive some say it's not.

If it is addictive is it like quitting smoking cigarettes? Or like quitting other drugs?

Camdawg

Camdawg

No, I'm a heavy toker as well as a pack a day smoker.
I can go all day even weeks without my herb, I really don't care to but have and can.
I can't go all day without a smoke, I did manage to quit for 3 months but fell back to my bad habits during rough stint. With physical addiction there is seriously a nagging monkey on your back, it's quite annoying.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

I know what you mean. I haven't smoke a Marlboro light in 3 days. It's killing me. I can go months and not smoke any bud.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
No, its not physically addictive

"When the brain is stimulated by high doses of THC, it produces pregnenolone -- a 3,000 percent increase -- that inhibits the effects of THC," said senior researcher Dr. Pier Vincenzo Piazza of Neurocentre Magendie in Bordeaux, France.

"Although the authors pitch this as a novel way to treat cannabis abuse, it's actually a superb explanation for why cannabis appears to have no potential lethal dose and why its capacity for creating addiction is more like caffeine's than that of any illicit drug,"

http://consumer.healthday.com/menta...gh-out-of-weed-rodent-study-finds-683521.html

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
While I don't like to go months- or weeks, I can put it down. Cigs, and the other hard ones to put down are the ones I want to- and have- but still crave sometimes.

pb

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Got to have It a fiend in need, needs his drug., as well as a gallon of goat milk, everyday.. or else.
Chemdog #4 too tasty to put down.......Give me a break....

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

While I don't like to go months- or weeks, I can put it down. Cigs, and the other hard ones to put down are the ones I want to- and have- but still crave sometimes.

pb
I don't like going months either but I go out on the road with my hubby and can't take a chance on it being found by DOT or check stations in Texas.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't like going months either but I go out on the road with my hubby and can't take a chance on it being found by DOT or check stations in Texas.
funny better not huff but you can drink and go nuts and kill someone behind the wheel less likely if you were huffing.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

I do know this...I have a lot of joint pain/fibromyalgia, when I don't smoke I hurt and have to have a pain killer. I would much rather smoke than take pills and get addicted to them.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

funny better not huff but you can drink and go nuts and kill someone behind the wheel less likely if you were huffing.
My hubby is a truck driver...can't do anything. I've thought about making some brownies but would a dog be able to sniff it out?

Canappa

Canappa

I cant go without smoke for more than 3 days max. I get very hyper and unable to sleep, get migraines, The worse part I get in the worse mood if I dont have my smoke stay clear everything seems to piss me off. I have tried to quit it not happening I love my meds. I am Marijuana addict and proud of it.

K

kolah

midnight toker here....and I can't get a good nights sleep without it. It also takes away all my body aches and prevents migraines. I am addicted to it as much as I am addicted to eating food, showering and other daily and nightly activities. ;)

grayarea

grayarea

for me growing is more addicting then smoking . i went thru withdrawals when i stopped growing indoors. hard to replace the feeling/high of growing with anything :blackalien:

Latest posts

Top Bottom