Is my AZ Card good in Cali?

• Thread starter medicalgrowman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

I grew-up in Cali and still have friends and family there.
When I go to visit, is my AZ mmj Card ok to use in Cali?
Thanx!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I dont think cali reciprocates bro

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
And i dont think any reciporcate. My uncle went over to the big island and they honored his CO card. Funny how when he went back that shop was gone.

hiboy

hiboy

I doubt it,
its issued by the state you reside in, but its always worth a try
h

Electro

Electro

No card is good outside the state is was issued. That is state law. You must be a resident of the state you apply for a MMJ card..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
No card is good outside the state is was issued. That is state law. You must be a resident of the state you apply for a MMJ card..

that is simply not true - some states reciprocate for visiting patients - look into it

now if you move and set up residence that is a different story

I thought I read that AZ reciprocates

P

paulycali

Sorry motherlode Arizona unfortunately does not accept visiting patients. Here's the full list of states that reciprocate:

MONTANA
MAINE
RHODE ISLAND
WASHINGTON "not 100% sure" found no information that said otherwise

Oregon does not reciprocate but it does allow for visiting patients to recieve a rec after seeing a doctor with in the state

Trommy

Trommy

Arizona does indeed honor other states MMJ cards. They do not allow dispensary sales to those holding a non AZ MMJ card however.
Check the site at azdhs it has a full explanation of the law. Just wanted to make sure this was accurate if someone else found this doing a search.
Only patients with medical marijuana cards issued by ADHS can buy Cannabis at dispensaries in Arizona; however, patients with valid cards from other states can legally possess marijuana here.

M

mvega

I always thought having the card might give you a bit leeway with the law, but still depends on who you run into. To me it makes absolutely no sense that having paperwork with regulations written for CA being applied anywhere else... that's like if took my smog certificate from WA and try to register my car in CA, they'd just laugh at me.

Top Bottom