Is my bud mostly sugar leaves?

• Thread starter OregonCannabisGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OregonCannabisGardener

OregonCannabisGardener

Hello Farmers!

Very new to cannabis growing. This is my second plant, first female and first buds. I harvested the seeds from purchased Durban Poison flower. I've learned that I'm using underpowered LEDs and the vegetative stage took a long time. Flowering started spontaneously just under 12 weeks ago, and I've had it in 12-12 for that long. Trichomes have not started turning amber yet. I'm concerned that because of the weak LEDs I'm not getting full bud development, the buds look pretty loose (larfy?) but they feel denser than they look. Mostly, I'm having a hard time identifying what may be loose-set buds, and what may be sugar leaves. I'll post these photos of the larger buds for aid in identification. Is it too late to give the plant more light? Would adding significantly more LED wattage shock the plant? Leaves are starting to yellow and I think I'm running out of time. Any advice welcome. Thanks!

Is my bud mostly sugar leaves
Is my bud mostly sugar leaves 2
BudBogart

BudBogart

Mho, you can add more lighting, but not longer light duration.
None of my outdoor plants are turning amber yet, been in ground since May.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Those buds looks fine from here.😋
If that was a clone from a mother that you know very well then u could start speculating about difference between clones ,due to possible several factors...but.....like that...without a comparison, i dont see any problem.
Do you think is it leafy and LARFy but.....compared to what? To another clone? To another plant? Or to your expectations?

OregonCannabisGardener

OregonCannabisGardener

If all other growing factors are in order bud size and density is greatly determined by light intensity

Those plants look great for a first grow, in another week start checking the trichomes for ripeness, good luck
Thanks! I'll keep my eyes on them.

OregonCannabisGardener

OregonCannabisGardener

Those buds looks fine from here.😋
If that was a clone from a mother that you know very well then u could start speculating about difference between clones ,due to possible several factors...but.....like that...without a comparison, i dont see any problem.
Do you think is it leafy and LARFy but.....compared to what? To another clone? To another plant? Or to your expectations?
Thanks for the support! I Guess I just expected the buds to look denser, or more compact, and I'm having a little bit of a hard time assessing what is a bud tip and what is a trichome-covered sugar leaf. Compared to what is the the problem! haha. My first grow and I've never seen a fresh untrimmed bud in person.

Top Bottom