• Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mmaxammillian

i have a 4x4x6 tent 4 in intake 4inc exahust 4 4in fans
2 600w lights do u think there is enough air flow and ventalation

darkmatter

darkmatter

sounds good, if it got to hot take a out a light or open the door.i cut two 6 inch holes in each side too vent the lights through with tubes.

X

xxYIKESxx

It all really depends on the cfm rating of the exhaust fan...the intake fan isn't really necessary if your passive intake hole is double the size of the exhaust...in your case, 8" or (2) 4" holes...also, I think 2 600w lights in that amount of space is too excessive, it equals out to 75w per square foot...there will be a huge build up of heat in there

hubcap

hubcap

adequate.

:)

(was correcting spelling and NOT commenting on the question. aka i was being a smart ass.)

:party0044:

acidnI

acidnI

Yeah 2 600's is kind of over kill. I think you be better off with just one 600. I have a 4x4x7 tent with a 400 in a cool tube with an exhaust fan, No intake.Good luck let us know how it works out for you

acidnI

acidnI

you'd be better off running both fans extracting m8, a 4" will not cool two 600's

I agree 100%. I dont think you have actually purchased all this it, sounds like your idea shopping. JUst get one 600 and minimize your spending money on 2 fans just too cool those lights which in my mind in not necessary and way over adequate for the space.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

1200 watts in a 4x4 tent would be GREAT watts per sq. foot but you'll need at least a 6 in Vortex(or something similar) to cool the lights.

T

TheNman

Max,
Don't let ANYONE tell you that 2 600s in a 4x4 is too much light!
EVER!
Some people just don't know what they're missing!

Ever see See More Buds?
That guy has 4 600s in a 6x4... so 2 in a 4x4 is fine!

I'd hook up each of those 4" exhausts you got to your lights... one each.
People can say that's too much or that's too little all they want.... but if they don't know all the facts, they're just talking out their ass!

What's really important is where you are!
Northern Canada or freaking Florida?
Are you in a basement or attic?
Growing all year round or taking the summer months off?

THOSE factors are even more important then how many CFMs you're pushing!
If you're in an attic, in florida, during the summer months, then NO amount of airflow is gonna save you! ;)

Best thing to do is run your system for a few days and see how the temps hold up.
If everything's fine, then grow baby grow!

GOOD LUCK!

G

grizz

the more light the better as long as you can controll heat. if you cant your fucked.

R

rayvon

It all really depends on the cfm rating of the exhaust fan...the intake fan isn't really necessary if your passive intake hole is double the size of the exhaust...in your case, 8" or (2) 4"

you'd be better off running both fans extracting m8, a 4" will not cool two 600's

1200 watts in a 4x4 tent would be GREAT watts per sq. foot but you'll need at least a 6 in Vortex(or something similar) to cool the lights.

^^some good advice here......

the more light the better as long as you can controll heat. if you cant your fucked.

^^ amen.

if thats what youve actually got i'd defo run them fans on extract and intake passively, if thats a shoppin list a big mofo fan should go on instead of the 4"ers (maybe running it through a splitter to cool both bulbs personally like) imo :)

M

mmaxammillian

yea i am having trouble keeping the tent cool in side the temp is around 88 90 right now but hooking my in line fan to the lights which is 170 cfm so should i have the duckting oing from both lights succking the air

G

grizz

I would put a hydro innovations heat exchanger on you lights , run as cold water as you can through it, they work. hooked to a chiller you can actually cool your room with the air.

Top Bottom