Is my indoor grow too cold at night?

• Thread starter Bazinga0987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bazinga0987

Bazinga0987

Hello everyone I’m new here and this is only my second grow. I grow indoors and I noticed at night the grow room will get to 61 degrees F sometimes. Is that too cold for my girls? We are about 3 1/2 weeks into flowering. They seem ok now but will it hurt them if that’s consistently happening?

BigCube

BigCube

Hello everyone I’m new here and this is only my second grow. I grow indoors and I noticed at night the grow room will get to 61 degrees F sometimes. Is that too cold for my girls? We are about 3 1/2 weeks into flowering. They seem ok now but will it hurt them if that’s consistently happening?

It may slow growth down somewhat. As long as they are still looking good for their age, I wouldn't worry so much.

If it becomes a problem, an inkbird controller and a small oil filled heater can solve it 👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have a problem with pots not drying out fast enough when it gets too cool for too long. Meaning I can't feed or water as I normally would every 3-4 days. When it gets cool like that it'll take 5-6 days which I find too long in between feeding....just my 2 cents.....It will bring out the color in the buds at that cooler temp.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I have a problem with pots not drying out fast enough when it gets too cool for too long. Meaning I can't feed or water as I normally would every 3-4 days. When it gets cool like that it'll take 5-6 days which I find too long in between feeding....just my 2 cents.....It will bring out the color in the buds at that cooler temp.
Put oscillating fans at pot level. Will do the trick. Depending how big your space is may need more than one

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Put oscillating fans at pot level. Will do the trick. Depending how big your space is may need more than one
Hi, Ya I do have fans blowing and I stand the pots on the plastic milk crates to allow air around the pots. I even remove the drip pans from underneath to allow more air to the bottom of the pots. I wasn't saying I had problems, just that it takes more days to dry when temps are colder. I prefer 78f - 68f but my last run was 74-75f & 64 - 65f and it worked out fine with nice color to show for it.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Ya it’s hard getting ideal conditions year round no matter where you grow. Try 95F summer to -76 F winter. On the bright side I can run hotter lights and heat my home in the winter lol

Bazinga0987

Bazinga0987

That explains why it didn’t need to feed this morning thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom