Is my LED FUBAR or jsut the driver?

• Thread starter Rami
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rami

Rami

I got a 600w kingbrite led bar assembly about a year ago and it worked perfectly till it died today. Its acting weird having pretty much all LEDs on but barely any light coming out of them they look like stars at night.

Is my led fubar or jsut the driver
Is my led fubar or jsut the driver 2

On the farthest bar theres a little strip of the leds (about a third of the bars length) emitting a bit more light tan the rest.

Is my led fubar or jsut the driver 3

Is my led fubar or jsut the driver 4

The way its behaving leads me to believe that the driver is the issue since apparently the diodes are working passively as they should but getting barely any energy but idk.

Is my led fubar or jsut the driver 5

Has this happened to any of you guys? Any input is appreciated.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Do you have a dimmer On the Light? dimmers do go bad.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

HLG drivers have a warranty, there website has a driver certification page and you can check the page to see if still under it,

taxle

taxle

Volt meter. See if your getting any juice on the output side of the light.
Drivers are easily fixed.quicker then sending it back. Especially if your in the middle of a grow.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I bet it is something with the connection though like @chemistry said. Those drivers are bulletproof.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Volt meter. See if your getting any juice on the output side of the light.
Drivers are easily fixed.quicker then sending it back. Especially if your in the middle of a grow.
These drivers are cast in epoxy. You can't do anything with them. I guess maybe I misinterpreted what you mean by fixing them.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
More than likely it will be the driver or dimmer that goes bad on LEDs. They are the only components that can wear out from constant use. Takes alot to burn out LEDs except from direct damage or overload. They can dim over a long period, but only a small imperceptible amount. You will need to test the output side of driver. If power is present there, then try removing the dimmer if it is a separate piece and connect wires to bypass it. If its internal then a new driver will be needed.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

More than likely it will be the driver or dimmer that goes bad on LEDs. They are the only components that can wear out from constant use. Takes alot to burn out LEDs except from direct damage or overload. They can dim over a long period, but only a small imperceptible amount. You will need to test the output side of driver. If power is present there, then try removing the dimmer if it is a separate piece and connect wires to bypass it. If its internal then a new driver will be needed.
It's a B driver, which has dimmer leads coming out of it

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Ah, I must have skimmed over that pic. Just connect wires to bypass it to see if it's bad. I have lights from overseas as well. But I run the A driver's, I tune them down and limit them 20-30 watts from max. Will be coming up to a year with those, no issues.

Top Bottom