Is my node spacing to tight?

• Thread starter brownred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownred

brownred

I was trying to do a organic grow with super soil I made. I thought a cover crop was a good thing. Is it not a good thing? I can do away with them if I need too.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I was trying to do a organic grow with super soil I made. I thought a cover crop was a good thing. Is it not a good thing? I can do away with them if I need too.
yes but be careful
maybe just trim it all down to soil level and remove the hay and top up with more soil that it’s already planted in

Plainfarmer420

Plainfarmer420

I was just wondering are you using like a seven gallon fabric pot

gristle

gristle

I thought cover crops like clover were for off-season(when your plant isn't growing), to rejuvenate the soil structure and add nutrients. Not sure if it would apply to container gardening. That being said it will probably be the next style of growing to increase dry backs and decrease the need for fertilizer.

Plainfarmer420

Plainfarmer420

I was asking because I was going to use smaller pots like that but decided on 30 gallon so not to top dress weekly do you have to top dress constantly I’m pretty new to organic growing and am just wondering

I have it in a 10 gallon fabric pot.

brownred

brownred

I thought cover crops like clover were for off-season(when your plant isn't growing), to rejuvenate the soil structure and add nutrients. Not sure if it would apply to container gardening. That being said it will probably be the next style of growing to increase dry backs and decrease the need for fertilizer.
You could be right, I’m a 4 year veteran but still a complete beginner.

I was asking because I was going to use smaller pots like that but decided on 30 gallon so not to top dress weekly do you have to top dress constantly I’m pretty new to organic growing and am just wondering
I haven't top dress once. I made my own super soil and let it cook in a tub July, August and September and shouldn't need to top dress (I don't think). This is my second organic grow and have had much better luck with bottled nutes.

Observationist

Observationist

That's a problem like being too rich. Or too pretty or too strong. Or my cars too fast. My house is too big. I'm too powerful. Tight node spacing is a win.
oh ok cool. cause mine is tight as fuck too.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

"Perfect" node spacing is one inch. But that is based on a number of other factors.
As long as the nodes are between .5 and 1.5, then its fine.

Cover crops are bad for container growing.

How did you make that soil? The fact that you kept feeding it is probably what happened. You don't feed organics like that.

And that's probably 3 different people I just posted to. LOL

Top Bottom