Is My Plant Bleeding

• Thread starter slap14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slap14

Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this. I am running some Train Wreck from med user and I topped them yesterday. I noticed when I did this the stem that was cut had a deep red liquid that looked like blood.:) Usually when I top I see a clear or light green color but this is the first time i've seen red. I had to call my girl in to see it and she thought i was playing joke because the color was so intense. Just thought i would share and see if anyone else has seen this.

Slap

ftwendy

ftwendy

I had a columbian leaning haze that did this. Called her the redsap haze... smelled like catpiss. I'll see if I can find some pics of her 'bleeding'. It was cool.

S

slap14

I didn't take a pic yesterday when I topped but this is from today and will give you an idea. When I first did the cut it was a nice dark red color, now it looks more like burgundy.
IMG 1266

vaporedout

vaporedout

i had one do that too, then it got an ingrown hair :) weird, i dunno why but my plant was fine all year, in fact it was my big gal Blue Dream

DSC05302

S

slap14

Vaporedout, Thats what mine looked like right when i cut it a nice deep blood red. I just thought it was unusual and wanted to see who else has seen this.

Slap

ftwendy

ftwendy

I cannot locate any pics of the bleeding... but here are some shots of the haze in various stages. It was great herb - loved being trained like a vine.

Resdap77scrog

Resdap77full
Resdap77
Resdap77detail

waayne

waayne

I've seen this phenomena before as well on some Train Wreck S1's I ran and the old M39 cut I ran had red sap like that.......sure looks cool......I'll see if I still have any pics of it......

symbiote420

symbiote420

I've seen plants with a high brix levels "bleed" a reddish color sap like that .....it tasted horrible though! (maybe that's the reason bugs don't like to munch on healthy plants)

Latest posts

Top Bottom