Is my plant ready for LST?

• Thread starter SDJ99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SDJ99

SDJ99

So I don’t have a lot of height to work with my Lemon Haze, only 60in. I wanted to do some LST and maybe even SCROG specifically. I think my plant is ready to start but I’m not sure and I’m not even sure HOW to start. Not sure of exact age as I got it as a seedling (no true leaves) on May 16. So probably around 4 weeks-5weeks max.
Is my plant ready for lst 2
Is my plant ready for lst 7

Is my plant ready for lst
Is my plant ready for lst 3
Is my plant ready for lst 4
Is my plant ready for lst 5
Is my plant ready for lst 6
Staple_1

Staple_1

First time grower here, I would definitely say yes though, plants look healthy, maybe even move the light a little closer, they look real stretchy!

Habosabin

Habosabin

Yes. I'd bend it very carefully and tie it down. The side branches will explode and you will need to tie those down as well until your canapy is at desired shape. You could have even started a week ago when it was half that height.

Staple_1

Staple_1

A simple way to LsT would be to just tie the top down w out stressing the plant out too much an Hst method you could top the plants which would stop the verticle growth fro a week or two and allow your lower braches to really bush out

Staple_1

Staple_1

Thousand ways to do it, I used my garden snippers to slit a little hole in the fabric pot and used $3 garden wire to slowly pull branches in the direction I wanted. I topped and then did Lst tho.

686E8DB3 FB70 4160 8DEA C3AA50DEFAA3
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

I would top it and let 4 side branches go in opposite directions so you have a canopy that covers the pot evenly instead of just bending the main to one side, then you'll end up dealing with a lopsided plant that's super Bush one one side and bare on the other. All depends how many plants you have and how you interlock them to create your canopy. Personally I just think it's a bit easier with a circular plant than one just shooting off in one direction. The biggest thing about controlling your canopy is have a pre emptive plan for your canopy. It takes a while to grasp but have a plan for where every branch is going to go, and if a branch comes up that's not planned for cut it out.

SDJ99

SDJ99

I would top it and let 4 side branches go in opposite directions so you have a canopy that covers the pot evenly instead of just bending the main to one side, then you'll end up dealing with a lopsided plant that's super Bush one one side and bare on the other. All depends how many plants you have and how you interlock them to create your canopy. Personally I just think it's a bit easier with a circular plant than one just shooting off in one direction
Could you (or someone) do me a super huge favor and mark up the picture of my plant to show me exactly where I need to cut it to top it?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Lst only the plant looks like a side ways Xmas tree. It is lop sided in the pot.

ECC3D549 7D47 4682 B59E BA3EC7A0B62E
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Could you (or someone) do me a super huge favor and mark up the picture of my plant to show me exactly where I need to cut it to top it?
Unfortunately I'm not keen enough to mark photos up on my phone. Just top it then leave the node you just topped and the one below it. This will make it grow in 4 cardinal directions. Wait a bit to clean the bottom up below your 4 cardinals, and let it just recover for a bit. Then from there you can either top your 4 again to make 8 or you can just guide the 4 away from the center of the pot and let the secondary branches from those branch out and guide everything up into your trellis. One top per square. Once you have 1 top per square let them get about 2 or 3 inches above the net and flip. Then throw a second screen up after stretch to hold everything up. When you install the second net clean below the first net up, and look down on your plant from above and cut out any huge fans that block light from penetrating deeper into the canopy. The idea for the top to bottom defoliation is just to expose bud sites. Then just let her go to finish

Habosabin

Habosabin

If you top it you will delay it slightly.
Once I start LST, it should be kept in the same pot, right? Is 7 gallons big enough to support the rest of the plant’s life cycle?
yes. 7 gallons is plenty. I got almost 6 Oz from my auto in a 3 gallon soil.

You will still need to feed it during flower though.

SDJ99

SDJ99

Unfortunately I'm not keen enough to mark photos up on my phone. Just top it then leave the node you just topped and the one below it. This will make it grow in 4 cardinal directions. Wait a bit to clean the bottom up below your 4 cardinals, and let it just recover for a bit. Then from there you can either top your 4 again to make 8 or you can just guide the 4 away from the center of the pot and let the secondary branches from those branch out and guide everything up into your trellis. One top per square. Once you have 1 top per square let them get about 2 or 3 inches above the net and flip. Then throw a second screen up after stretch to hold everything up. When you install the second net clean below the first net up, and look down on your plant from above and cut out any huge fans that block light from penetrating deeper into the canopy. The idea for the top to bottom defoliation is just to expose bud sites. Then just let her go to finish
Thank you. This was extremely informative

Top Bottom