Is my seedling dying? Please help :/

• Thread starter defarmer83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

defarmer83

Hi guys,

I've got a 12 day old seedling (Northern lights auto) and it seems to be growing nicely - however from yesterday I noticed that the first set of true leaves was starting to change colour and sag from the tips. This has increased a little over the past 12 hours but limited to those two leaves.

I have two other seedlings in the grow, which are a little behind on growth (they sprouted later), however they look to be fine.

Would really appreciate any guidance/tips to help keep her alive. Perhaps this is normal, in that case please let me know. Feeling quite low as this is the first time I have started from seeds and not a clone.. :/

Plagron Grow mix (Pre-nuted for the first 3 weeks)
0.5 litres of water every 3 days - the soil gets a nice wet-dry cycle (ph unknown)
Lights Spider Farmer SF1000 (100watt) set at 65% and at 50cm to the top of the canopy.
Humidity 55%
Temp 23.5C(74F)

Is my seedling dying please help
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Your calculated VPD is 1.29 kPa. That's high for a young plant and is probably the cause of the leaf tip chlorosis. Raising the humidity above 70% would help. High VPD causes transpiration at a rate so high that the roots can't supply enough water and nutrients to the tips of the leaves.

D

defarmer83

Your calculated VPD is 1.29 kPa. That's high for a young plant and is probably the cause of the leaf tip chlorosis. Raising the humidity above 70% would help. High VPD causes transpiration at a rate so high that the roots can't supply enough water and nutrients to the tips of the leaves.

View attachment 2161668
thanks so much for the quick tip. I've raised the humidity in the tent to 65%. Also going to need to start watering her with more water I think. Never grown in 5 gallon pots before, so my water judgement may be a little off.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Light should be 61 cm no closer, leaves are looking a little blistered..
Water sounds about right. Make sure you water slowly so the potting mix can soak up the water it does not run off.

D

defarmer83

Light should be 61 cm no closer, leaves are looking a little blistered..
Water sounds about right. Make sure you water slowly so the potting mix can soak up the water it does not run off.
Oh my, you might have just saved my plants... I had the light at 35cm instead of 61. Just moved it up to 61cm. I was wondering why my Snow White was praying with the leaves up. I hope they recover 😣

IMG 1418
IMG 1419
Top Bottom