Is My Settip Any Good

• Thread starter karel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

karel

hello

i'm new and have an idea to build a perpetual dwc system.
i have 2 rooms, 1 to veg,clone and the mothers, and 1 to flower.
the veg room is 2feet 8 ich by 7 feet. the flower room is 4by 8.
i plan on harvesting every 2 months.
since im using 2 rooms scrog is not an option.
i have an aero cloner and was going to use a rdwc for the veg and flowering plants.
veg time is maximum 2 moths becaus of the perpetual harvest.
i want the best number of plants to many and it is more dangerous to few is not cost effective
was thinking of 8 plants in each room.

lighting

veg clone mother
3*56watt led
1*160watt led
this is actual consumption cheap ebay lights.

flower
2*600watt hps
or 1 600watt hps and 1 400watt led actual consumtion.

O

oregonmellow

karel,I think the limitations are going to be based on how much space your equipment takes up,your veg space is 2ft8in wide and 7 feet long seems kind of narrow but I need more width cuz I*m a wide guy lol,flower room,the 600 hps give about 3.5 x3.5 to 4 x 4 foot square of light so that should be o.k.,good luck and happy growing,Peace.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I dunno but welcome to the farm case you missed the introduction thread ;)

K

karel

thanks, i know it is small but i have to fit both rooms in an 11 by 8 room, including a drying rack.
room is about 7 f tall.
was also wondering what only 2 plants would mean in stead of 8.
i know its hard to predict but i mean for example 20 procent less, and also how long the veg would be i want to keep it under 2 months.

thanks for the replies

K

karel

i have to build the rdwc system, so ill build it for 8 sites, and remove some when the strain appears to large.
ok good info, the stain is the same as it was with a friend of mine, horrible harvest.
it was in soil 3 plants 2 mo,ths veg and only 14 grams dried.
he used a led like mine, but it was in soil, and he made alot of mistakes.
plant is called russian snow and is white widow strain.

O

oregonmellow

I am with ShroomKing, Patience! It will be your friend in the long run,good luck bud,Peace.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Soil tends to be more forgiving to the newb, however when I switched to DWC, I found it less work, Thing is Hydro your mistakes can be game enders if not caught in time. Lots of info on here about soil soiless and Hydro, 4 x 8 could house 2 large ladies I have seen garbage can dwc's put out nearly a pound each, but there were 2 600's and co2 RO system and top notch nutes. And that veg space does seem rather small, your going to likely need a dehumidifier if you are also drying in the vicinity.

K

karel

yes i know soil is more forgiving, my friend had to revive his plants several times.
how large would you make the veg room?
as i mentioned i havent got a lot of space, and the 8 by 4 is a tent.
i was thinking 8 plants in veg gives them 1'4''squere and 2' in veg.
if i would go the 2 garbage can plant way, how long would the veg be +-.
i would like to (eventualy) get to a 5-6 sycles a year
i have no misconseption that my plants migt die because its the first grow.
but i was planing on doing the mother plants in soil so i can fall back on them for new clones.
i bought the hessi hydro series, have ph and ppm meters several temp meters.
dehumidifier ok thanks ,haven't bought one yet.

H

happy b

yes i know soil is more forgiving, my friend had to revive his plants several times.
how large would you make the veg room?
as i mentioned i havent got a lot of space, and the 8 by 4 is a tent.
i was thinking 8 plants in veg gives them 1'4''squere and 2' in veg.
if i would go the 2 garbage can plant way, how long would the veg be +-.
i would like to (eventualy) get to a 5-6 sycles a year
i have no misconseption that my plants migt die because its the first grow.
but i was planing on doing the mother plants in soil so i can fall back on them for new clones.
i bought the hessi hydro series, have ph and ppm meters several temp meters.
dehumidifier ok thanks ,haven't bought one yet.
I veg in a 4 x2 cupboard but i added a shelf to double the floor space.veg plants dont take up as much space.you have to find clever ways to make the most of you space,like a metal rack with two shefs and a few t5,s attached to the top and underside of the shelf will help conserve space.also try and set up what i call swc "shallow water culture".its basically setting up dwc in 16oz beer cups or some other fairly small container that can hold a3" net pot so instead of having fairly small cuttings in big huge containers you keep em in the smaller containers until they have a root system that is too big for the smaller containers then you can put em into the big containers and flip em.(or veg em a week longer in the bigger container).it works well,the only drawback is when the roots/plant in the small container gets bigger you will have to add water/feed to the container every day or otherday but if you have the time and are really struggling for space then this may help.good luck.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^ No point in discussing the garbage can method till you two 600 watt lights in that tent, and an RO system.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

And just on a "Positive Note" be positive saying your plants may die is true, read on the farm, or from books widely available, watch all the videos you can they are also widely available, provide the essentials for them ie. Light, air, water, food, all in moderation, yes they may die, however you have already learned from your friend and the plants seemed to have lived long enough for a poor yield, this is how most everyone starts. The best way to learn is have a positive outlook, make mistakes, more importantly learn from them, and read read research read, research, watch videos on grows, read, read, read, there is such a glut of literature out there, aspire to be a knowledgeable person on the subject, and if you keep failing find a journal or someone who you can follow and copy them exactly, after all in business if you havent an original idea copy what some other successful person is doing.

And most of all your girls will benefit if you stay positive, a little meditation in the grow area never hurt anyone.

H

happy b

And just on a "Positive Note" be positive saying your plants may die is true, read on the farm, or from books widely available, watch all the videos you can they are also widely available, provide the essentials for them ie. Light, air, water, food, all in moderation, yes they may die, however you have already learned from your friend and the plants seemed to have lived long enough for a poor yield, this is how most everyone starts. The best way to learn is have a positive outlook, make mistakes, more importantly learn from them, and read read research read, research, watch videos on grows, read, read, read, there is such a glut of literature out there, aspire to be a knowledgeable person on the subject, and if you keep failing find a journal or someone who you can follow and copy them exactly, after all in business if you havent an original idea copy what some other successful person is doing.

And most of all your girls will benefit if you stay positive, a little meditation in the grow area never hurt anyone.
For some one just starting out this post by @Canalchemist has probably the best advice you could get.absorb as much info on growing from as many different sources as possible and stay positve when shit isnt going your way,if you take canalchemists advice before long it will work out for you.you WILL fuck up sometimes but you,ll never learn to ride a bike without falling off a few times.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If you study diaries at the farm and keep your first grow simple................
Lights,soil,water,food,airflow,humidity.

You will not fail from your own doing.
I have read enough from you to know you are smart enough to stay ahead of the learning curve. Best of luck.
Peace

On a side note. You don't have enough watts in veg lights to really make enough plant mass for 2 600w flower lights. You need more lights for your veg area.

K

karel

thank you all for the information and support.
i am indeed thinking of a 2 layor veg room but my room is only 7ft so not very tall if i'm using the ebay led wich neet some space from the plants to cover the desired area.
i was also wondering if it was enough light in the veg, but i think ill use my 400 wat led in the veg to get started, and i might order another 400w panel or so (160w actual) to add to that.
il start growing in may and ill post my results.
have been reeding alot and seen half of youtube, but no system or plant is alike so it will be exiting to start.

thank you all very much

dopeameme

dopeameme

i have to build the rdwc system, so ill build it for 8 sites, and remove some when the strain appears to large.
ok good info, the stain is the same as it was with a friend of mine, horrible harvest.
it was in soil 3 plants 2 mo,ths veg and only 14 grams dried.
he used a led like mine, but it was in soil, and he made alot of mistakes.
plant is called russian snow and is white widow strain.
I have a similar grow, my own personal is in a small space. I always get around 2 oz I only use 100 watt for that and cocoa soil. Bio grow, Bloom & top max. I only use led lights for my room grow and always get at least 4 oz per plant make sure you strip the leaves they're only wasting nutrients, and happy growing. :-)

K

karel

thanks, are it cheap ebay leds?
name brand ones are so expensive.
btw i read somewhere they can be a fire hazzard, so i just ordered an automatic fire extinguisher

dopeameme

dopeameme

I've never bought lights from E bay .you should build up your grow start with a few leds then keep adding as your income grows. For indoor grows use black & white, reflectors ac/ unit get an oxygen canister from welder suppliers, get rid of all the leafs as your plants grow they just waste nutrients and oxygen.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

So do you use the oxygen in flower or in veg too? And when do you think the leave stripping is best done, veg or flowering? JK ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom