Is my water killing my plants

• Thread starter CannabisCultivator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisCultivator

CannabisCultivator

I’ve been through 3 runs so far, all unsuccessful. I have recently invested in a PPM meter and Ph meter (should of done this earlier)

come to find out, where I live, the PPM of our water is 350. The Ph of our water is 8.

I Ph down to around 6.2-6.5. After sitting the Ph goes right back up to 8. I’m sure this is due to the very high alkalinity from the high ppm.

is this a problem? Should just Ph’ing my water be enough? What solutions are there for high PPM?

Ponky

Ponky

Well if you run an airstone to agitate your water you can PH your water. Wait for it to bounce. And PH it again a few hours later. And repeat until stable. Then your PH should be ok. There is also PH perfect. Which works at full power. And there is hardwarer trio. You should give us a short description of your grow technique. In case you're doing something wrong.
Screenshot 20220412 003752 Google

Homesteader

Homesteader

Are you able to download a water report from your city or town? pH can change throughout the seasons depending on your source. I run off a well but my pH swings a bit during the spring melt. I would be most concerned with what is in it that makes up that 350 pm.....Is there a softner or is the municipality softening it with salt?......Bromine? Chlorine? Chloramine?

Reactions: PK1
CannabisCultivator

CannabisCultivator

Hey guys, I’m doing an organic style grow. My soil base is pro mix high porosity with mycorrhizae, Oly mountain fish compost, worm castings, down to earth insect frass, down to earth vegan mix, And down to earth Bio organic live.

I used about 5lbs of fish compost, 5lbs of worm castings, and 1.5cups of each of the down to earth to About 20lbs of the base soul mix.

Last edited:
CannabisCultivator

CannabisCultivator

Are you able to download a water report from your city or town? pH can change throughout the seasons depending on your source. I run off a well but my pH swings a bit during the spring melt. I would be most concerned with what is in it that makes up that 350 pm.....Is there a softner or is the municipality softening it with salt?......Bromine? Chlorine? Chloramine?
Where I live they do use a water softener. I believe it’s a sodium based softener. Now in the past I’ve had salt build up on the outsides of my fabric pots.

CannabisCultivator

CannabisCultivator

What should I be looking for in the report?

Ponky

Ponky

Well it kind of lumps a lot of stuff in with TDS. But this water seems like you can work with it. Using hardwater trio. Is there a more detailed analysis?

Homesteader

Homesteader

So all your water is being softened I assume? Any way to get water that bypasses the tank? Mostly carbonates I also am going to assume. I used to live out in Kirkwood. I think its fairly close? Maybe not though. Love that dry area but the water is probably very hard and the carbonates are an issue. @Seamaiden use to complain about hers.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
When are you failing. At the start, in veg, in flower, or at the finish line?

I'd focus on your soil. Your water, even at 8ph, should be fine in soil.

Did you get the recipe somewhere or did you make it up? You often heart organics can't hurt your plants, but that's not true until it's been aged a bit (30 days or so).

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Honestly my water is just about the same as you ph is 8ish and around 300ppm just around the time I flush I have to go out of my way and buy R/O and it's normal I experience the same if I PH and let it sit awhile ph goes up again that's why I ph as I'm about to feed can you post some photos so we get a better idea to help diagnose if it maybe something else

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Well if you run an airstone to agitate your water you can PH your water. Wait for it to bounce. And PH it again a few hours later. And repeat until stable. Then your PH should be ok. There is also PH perfect. Which works at full power. And there is hardwarer trio. You should give us a short description of your grow technique. In case you're doing something wrong. View attachment 1235185
3 part GH,still the best there is IMO

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Hey guys, I’m doing an organic style grow. My soil base is pro mix high porosity with mycorrhizae, Oly mountain fish compost, worm castings, down to earth insect frass, down to earth vegan mix, And down to earth Bio organic live.

I used about 5lbs of fish compost, 5lbs of worm castings, and 1.5cups of each of the down to earth to About 20lbs of the base soul mix.
chances are your medium went acidic over time which is typical of organics when the soil increments break further down. you need good pH stabilizers and dont really need to pH much down to 6.2, neutral is better imo

Top Bottom