Is Northern Lights easy to hermie?

• Thread starter TomH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomH

TomH

I read somewhere that it's pretty stable, but I'm 2 for 2.

I just spent 45 minutes picking cannabis nutz off of Klinger and Boy George (new names for these two plants).
They seem otherwise happy, they just wanted to "strap one on" for a day or so.
I honestly don't know how long the junk has been hanging there, I looked up this morning and thought, hmmm, that's different.
Each plant had about 8 to 10 areas.
The plants are small enough that I'm confident I got most everything, but I was wondering:

Will the nutz regrow or is that just a passing phase?

growsince79

growsince79

I read somewhere that it's pretty stable, but I'm 2 for 2.

I just spent 45 minutes picking cannabis nutz off of Klinger and Boy George (new names for these two plants).
They seem otherwise happy, they just wanted to "strap one on" for a day or so.
I honestly don't know how long the junk has been hanging there, I looked up this morning and thought, hmmm, that's different.
Each plant had about 8 to 10 areas.
The plants are small enough that I'm confident I got most everything, but I was wondering:

Will the nutz regrow or is that just a passing phase?
Maybe- maybe not. How old are the plants and how long have they been flowering? Were they nanners in the female buds, or balls at pre flower sites?

TomH

TomH

Maybe- maybe not. How old are the plants and how long have they been flowering? Were they nanners in the female buds, or balls at pre flower sites?
These are just entering week 2. Week 2 as I count from the time where a bud site begins popping more than a pair of hairs.
It looked like males flowers (like those from a full fledged male plant), some were yellow and large others were white and smaller. They weren't in the kind of clusters that a male would have.
These were solo or in groups of 2, yes, they coming from places where I would expect buds, but they were little multi-sided flowers.
None were open yet, but that certainly doesn't mean I didn't miss something.

TomH

TomH

Mistake above: These two are just entering week 3 NOT week 2.

Sorry.

TomH

TomH

2A30D528 2FE8 4159 A707 B2F1E1FD560A
This is an example of what I found.
The cut ends were shaded buds that I attempted to eliminate.
Scrotum right up next to where the coochie-coochie used to be.

Like a trippy sorta plant.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
If it's original Northern Lights it should be a very stable strain but these days, who knows.. NL used to be my favorite strain to grow and smoke way back in the day. Now it's like ditch weed compared to some of these newer strains out there :D

But yeah, unless you have light leaks or some kind of stressor that is causing it to herm - may be best to start over with something better.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

Every time I messed around with pinching balls on hermies I ended up with seeds in my pot. A couple late in flowering maybe it lives. That many male organs? I'm killing it. Know that that seemingly every strain of cannabis you might find, including all those exotic and fancy strains, will likely produce hermies. Especially if you're using feminized seeds. I grew some feminized a couple years ago with about half Thai ancestry and all six seedlings were hermies. I'm only growing verified clones in my grow tent from now on. I have a spectacular crop coming right now. No nanners, no balls. Because I tagged them all last time and took clones. Five out of nine White Widows were hermies. And I think cannabis breeders have made the problem worse. By not trying to stabilize strains before releasing them. The genie is out of the bottle now. Strain after strain polluted heavily with hermaphrodite traits. Even the old mainstay Northern Lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom