Is Pre-harvest Flushing A Myth?

• Thread starter Pimp T
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Something that may blow your guys mind......

A deficient grow in P will taste chemy. Even if it's organic. Low P creates a taste we all associate with a chemy taste.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone has an idea what is the NPK of molases?

1-0-.5

• Calcium ----- 205 mg --- 20%
  • Iron -------- 4.7 mg --- 26%
  • Magnesium --- 242 mg --- 61%
  • Phosphorus -- 31 mg ---- 3%
  • Potassium --- 1464 mg -- 42%
  • Sodium ------ 37 mg ---- 2%
  • Zinc -------- 0.3 mg --- 2%
  • Copper ------ 0.5 mg --- 24%
  • Manganese --- 1.5 mg --- 77%
  • Selenium ---- 17.8 mcg - 25%
Vitamins

• Thiamin -------- > 0.0 mg -- 3%
  • Niacin ------------- 0.9 mg -- 5%
  • Vitamin B6 ------- 0.7 mg -- 34%
  • Pantothenic Acid - 0.8 mg -- 8%
  • Choline ---------- 13.3 mg - ~
Sugars (55.5 g)

• Sucrose 29403 mg
  • Glucose 11919 mg
  • Fructose 12791 mg

FatManatee

FatManatee

Have you run soil nutrient analysis at all? It would be interesting to see to what degree this occurs. Also it is the plant people consume, not the soil. If nutrients become more bioavailable this happens for a long period of time dependent on the nutrient status of the soil.
I'm saving up money for a stereo microscope, should hopefully have one for my next growth to get more details on this topic.

FatManatee

FatManatee

1-0-.5

• Calcium ----- 205 mg --- 20%
  • Iron -------- 4.7 mg --- 26%
  • Magnesium --- 242 mg --- 61%
  • Phosphorus -- 31 mg ---- 3%
  • Potassium --- 1464 mg -- 42%
  • Sodium ------ 37 mg ---- 2%
  • Zinc -------- 0.3 mg --- 2%
  • Copper ------ 0.5 mg --- 24%
  • Manganese --- 1.5 mg --- 77%
  • Selenium ---- 17.8 mcg - 25%
Vitamins

• Thiamin -------- > 0.0 mg -- 3%
  • Niacin ------------- 0.9 mg -- 5%
  • Vitamin B6 ------- 0.7 mg -- 34%
  • Pantothenic Acid - 0.8 mg -- 8%
  • Choline ---------- 13.3 mg - ~
Sugars (55.5 g)

• Sucrose 29403 mg
  • Glucose 11919 mg
  • Fructose 12791 mg

I think you made a mistake with this one. Pretty much all brands list molasses having 5% of potassium, nitrogen is 1-3%

So NPK values for molasses, depending on brand average 2-0-5

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is Grandma's Molasses. All products will vary for sure.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size
tbsp
Amount Per Serving
Calories
% Daily Value*
0%
Total Fat 0g
0%Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
7%
Cholesterol 20mg
6%
Sodium 135mg
5%
Total Carbohydrate 16g
0%
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 14g
Protein 0g
0%Vitamin A 0 IU
2%Vitamin C 1mg
0%Calcium 0mg
2%Iron 0.4mg
3%Potassium 110mg

K

Kot

Too much potassium and magnesium is bad for THC production. At least this is the conclusion of a study.

G

Glow

Anyone has an idea what is the NPK of molases?

I once upon a time did have a lab analysis. I'll see if I can find it on any old saved backups... But

The final cane molasses used contained, on an air dry basis, 18.5% moisture, 62.1% alcohol-soluble sugars, 32.2% sucrose, 8.6% glucose and 15% fructose. The nitrogen content was particularly low (0.58%, out of which scarcely half was present as amino acids). https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0377840178900184

See screenshot for K, Mg and Na

Molasses

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Why do my outdoor plants in soil fade differently than my indoor plants when I flush or run a reduced nutrient profile ? My outdoors always fade from the bottom up where my indoors if I flush starts on the leaves closest to the branches supporting the flowers.
This had a month long water only feed and as you can see there is still still green leaves on the bottom while the top leaves have little to none.
DSCN0694

G

Glow

Here is Grandma's Molasses. All products will vary for sure.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size
tbsp
Amount Per Serving
Calories
% Daily Value*
0%
Total Fat 0g
0%Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
7%
Cholesterol 20mg
6%
Sodium 135mg
5%
Total Carbohydrate 16g
0%
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 14g
Protein 0g
0%Vitamin A 0 IU
2%Vitamin C 1mg
0%Calcium 0mg
2%Iron 0.4mg
3%Potassium 110mg

High in K and Fe seems to be common. Ca and Mg are extremely low so Mg isn't an issue as one person claimed.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you made a mistake with this one. Pretty much all brands list molasses having 5% of potassium, nitrogen is 1-3%

So NPK values for molasses, depending on brand average 2-0-5

Just because a food product has 3% P in their nutrient printout, doesn't mean that would equal 3 in a NPK number.

For example:

The fertilizer numbers can be used to calculate how much of a fertilizer needs to be applied to equal 1 pound of the nutrient you are trying to add to the soil. So if the numbers on the fertilizer are 10-10-10, you can divide 100 by 10 and this will tell you that you need 10 pounds of the fertilizer to add 1 pound of the nutrient to the soil. If the fertilizer numbers were 20-20-20, you divide 100 by 20 and you know that it will take 5 pounds of the fertilizer to add 1 pound of the nutrient to the soil.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I once upon a time did have a lab analysis. I'll see if I can find it on any old saved backups... But

The final cane molasses used contained, on an air dry basis, 18.5% moisture, 62.1% alcohol-soluble sugars, 32.2% sucrose, 8.6% glucose and 15% fructose. The nitrogen content was particularly low (0.58%, out of which scarcely half was present as amino acids). https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0377840178900184

See screenshot for K, Mg and Na

View attachment 852384

Wow, you win for the person who tests everything. I give you my crown.......

You tested a product that has a detailed nutrient label? Why?

FatManatee

FatManatee

Just because a food product has 3% P in their nutrient printout, doesn't mean that would equal 3 in a NPK number.

For example:

The fertilizer numbers can be used to calculate how much of a fertilizer needs to be applied to equal 1 pound of the nutrient you are trying to add to the soil. So if the numbers on the fertilizer are 10-10-10, you can divide 100 by 10 and this will tell you that you need 10 pounds of the fertilizer to add 1 pound of the nutrient to the soil. If the fertilizer numbers were 20-20-20, you divide 100 by 20 and you know that it will take 5 pounds of the fertilizer to add 1 pound of the nutrient to the soil.

Incorrect.

"Regardless of its type, any fertilizer you buy will come with information about the nutrients it contains. Prominently featured will be the N-P-K ratio, the percentage the product contains by volume of nitrogen (chemical symbol N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). A 16-16-16 fertilizer, for example, contains 16% nitrogen, 16% phosphorus, and 16% potassium. A 25-4-2 formulation contains 25% nitrogen, 4% phosphorus, and 2% potassium."

https://www.sunset.com/garden/garden-basics/crash-course-fertilizers

K

Kot

Why do my outdoor plants in soil fade differently than my indoor plants when I flush or run a reduced nutrient profile ? My outdoors always fade from the bottom up where my indoors if I flush starts on the leaves closest to the branches supporting the flowers.
This had a month long water only feed and as you can see there is still still green leaves on the bottom while the top leaves have little to none.View attachment 852385
Maybe they don't exactly fade but turn purple from very low temperatures. My indoor at the moment fade from below because I stopped all nitrogen on day 48. So the low leaves turn yellow.

G

Glow

Wow, you win for the person who tests everything. I give you my crown.......

You tested a product that has a detailed nutrient label? Why?

No a friend gave it to me. It was an extremely good analysis. He works for a major agricultural company and they test everything they use in production (best practice) - and generally labels while close don't always represent exactly what is in something.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Incorrect.

"Regardless of its type, any fertilizer you buy will come with information about the nutrients it contains. Prominently featured will be the N-P-K ratio, the percentage the product contains by volume of nitrogen (chemical symbol N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). A 16-16-16 fertilizer, for example, contains 16% nitrogen, 16% phosphorus, and 16% potassium. A 25-4-2 formulation contains 25% nitrogen, 4% phosphorus, and 2% potassium."

https://www.sunset.com/garden/garden-basics/crash-course-fertilizers

Sorry dude, that is incorrect. The 3%P on a food label is not the same for nutrients. You are confusing what NPK means, and a food label means. Totally different metrics.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Maybe they don't exactly fade but turn purple from very low temperatures. My indoor at the moment fade from below because I stopped all nitrogen on day 48. So the low leaves turn yellow.
There's a biological difference from outdoors to indoors.
Outdoors you have varying conditions of soil moisture, nutritional values and temps all which effect the plants in different ways than an indoor climate controlled environment.

FatManatee

FatManatee

Sorry dude, that is incorrect. The 3%P on a food label is not the same for nutrients. You are confusing what NPK means, and a food label means. Totally different metrics.
I quoted a reliable, well trusted magazine that confirms my statement. Would you like to give sources to your claim, as I can't find anything on Google that supports your statement.

G

Glow

I quoted a reliable, well trusted magazine that confirms my statement. Would you like to give sources to your claim, as I can't find anything on Google that supports your statement.

I think he might be confusing NPK ratio listing with percentage. The only variance between food and a fertilizer might be the food is listed in %w/w while a fertilizer might be listed in %w/v... Either way percentage is percentage - it's a universal standard regardless of product

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I think he might be confusing NPK ratio listing with percentage. The only variance between food and a fertilizer might be the food is listed in %w/w while a fertilizer might be listed in %w/v... Either way percentage is percentage - it's a universal standard regardless of product
I agree.

Top Bottom