Is pressure treated wood safe to use for the base of a wall frame

• Thread starter Mr.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.

I already purchased regular douglas fur 2x4's to build the frame for the wall that will seperate the ballasts, load center, and the washer and dryer from the grow room. I was going to lay a waterproof membrane on the concrete garage floor and put the 2x4's on that.

What I am thinking is if my large dwc system has an issue and water floods the garage with a and inch or two of water, will my 2x4 soak it up and mold? Should I use treated wood instead?

If I do use treated wood, whick kind, and should i do the whole frame with it or just the bases?

Thanks

O

ookiimata

I always use treated wood anywhere I think there might be too much moisture. Never noticed any ill effects on the bud, no bad taste and it didn't poison me. I used the stuff from Lowes. Just regular pressure treated 2x4s. Not really sure what kind it was. I guess, depending on how much wood you'll use and how much time you want to spend, you could use the wood you already have an apply a couple coats of clear waterproof sealant to it. Or marine white paint. You can probably find a kind that is less toxic than the chemicals they use to pressure treat.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I already purchased regular douglas fur 2x4's to build the frame for the wall that will seperate the ballasts, load center, and the washer and dryer from the grow room. I was going to lay a waterproof membrane on the concrete garage floor and put the 2x4's on that.

What I am thinking is if my large dwc system has an issue and water floods the garage with a and inch or two of water, will my 2x4 soak it up and mold? Should I use treated wood instead?

If I do use treated wood, whick kind, and should i do the whole frame with it or just the bases?

Thanks

I would paint any exposed treated wood inside room because there are chemicals in it. Honestly your drywall and wood in walls will be damaged in a flood so why use more expensive wood unless you do entire wall out of treated lumber which will save wall but not drywall.

Top Bottom