Is ProCal / CalMG needed last 4 weeks of Flowering? Or just Mg

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCrocker

BCrocker

Just like the topic asks!

I currently use ProCal by GreenPlanet at 10ml / Gallon (high!) the last 3-4 weeks of flowering. Is this a waste? I was told it hardened them up. Although, I have also read that late flowering calcium is not needed as much.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting, I do the opposite (when I'm growing in a medium that requires I add Ca and Mg), I drop it completely the last four weeks prior to harvest. I use P/K boosters to harden up, thicken up buds, not Cal-Mag. But then again, I also use molasses almost religiously, and that provides Ca, Mg and S, so.....?

S

SSHZ

I use it up to the last 2 weeks........ then only 2ml/gallon at the end. Molasses has slight amounts. Some bloom boosters have some cal and mag in them too. So, cutting back some is normally recommended.

20north

no not really because the calcium actually stays in the medium. you cant get it out so lol dont add to much bro LOL!

basicly just dont add much nitrogen as all these nutrients kinda influence the plant so any N is going to make leaf growth and slow down any bud growth. make sure you dont over dose your calcium... holy shit! good luck tho man i would just go buy some organic blue agave nectar and if your at the 3rd to last week go with 8-10ml per gallon and then the 2nd to last week bring it to 10ml PER gallon even.... add some pk boosters hopefully lacking in nitrogen . and always keep in mind less is always more . let them work for themselves !

if your looking for a hardener go with bloom final..... its really strong and works better than anything ive ever used or seen

S

SSHZ

Botanicare feeding cart recommends adding Cal/Mag thru the ninth week of flowering at 5ml per gallon. Then adding an additional 5 ml if using r.o. water........ 2 ml per gallon, less then half the recommended rate, works well in pro-mix with no adverse effects towards the end of flowering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom