Is Purple Punch Hard To Grow?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
2 Purple Punch, and 2 Purple Glue. under 2 ViparSpectra XS2000 LED grow lights.

Is purple punch hard to grow

Is purple punch hard to grow 2

While browsing the Purple Punch strain review, it was told that "like most purple strains, Purple Punch is not easy for the novice grower. This is largely because its leaves and especially flower are as tasty for pests as it is for consumers. While the strain is resistant to mites, it can be susceptible to damage from other pests like caterpillars. It can also be tricky to avoid mold during the flowering stage of Purple Punch." Is this true.

Have you ever grown/are you growing Purple Punch indoor? Do you have any tips for Purple Punch novice growers?

If you'd like a try for ViparSpectra XS2000, welcome to our store:

Observationist

Observationist

On my second round of purple punch, the first one clone-to-flower round had a nice little top bud.

My whole one p punch plant is just making popcorn buds and it's lollipopped.
Smell is nice....size...not so much.

Maybe something wrong with my nutrients, maybe my environment.

JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

View attachment 1308746
View attachment 1308747

While browsing the Purple Punch strain review, it was told that "like most purple strains, Purple Punch is not easy for the novice grower. This is largely because its leaves and especially flower are as tasty for pests as it is for consumers. While the strain is resistant to mites, it can be susceptible to damage from other pests like caterpillars. It can also be tricky to avoid mold during the flowering stage of Purple Punch." Is this true.

Have you ever grown/are you growing Purple Punch indoor? Do you have any tips for Purple Punch novice growers?

In my experience from growing PP outdoor I live in the north east wet humid hot Septembers n the PP and GG4 never got any Pm or boytritus where most everything else does. It took me 5 years to figure what to grow in my climate my go to are GG4 x GMO AND GMO x purple punch. Also grease monkey last season did real well. I love the way white widow smells and taste outdoors but in NJ I have to take 1/3 of the plant off due to mold. They will be right next to the glues n the glues n gmo not a speck or any caterpillars I believe they stink dosent attract the caterpillars like the gelato and runtz plants due. I’m out there every morning with my loupe and tweezers. The. U gotta cut that nug off. Now I don’t play found the best organic IPm and the right varietals n u have a killer harvest

JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

View attachment 1308746
View attachment 1308747

There many organic beneficial bacteria’s to foliar spray 1 x a week in pre flower and in mid / late flower. It called BT bacillus Therongensis and tricoderma I make my own LAB with rice wash and milk and save the cheese curd for the compost and the whey gets watered directly into solid. And the LA. The middle liquid that in the jar is lactic acid bacteria. It is a game changer in immunity to all type of mood and illnesses. I ll spray with a recharge type product 1 x seek and switch it to BY next spray and then some of my homemade fermented plant extract. Add old wood to soil and buy hard wood charcoal and piss o. It and add some microbes aswell let sit in piss water for a few day smash em into small believes and add to your soil they are sponges for microbes but they must be activated or they will steal NPK from your plants. KKNF and JADAM And fermented plants extract ls aswell as foraging for Indigonous microbes from your property they vigor will be so obvious u will know u did something correct but u r correct my gmo and glues do t get any budworm but any runts crosses or sherbet they love the sweet terps but from my years of observing bud worm avoid GG4 n GMO n heavy trichomes funky ammonia terp plants they pass em. I have had a few get into a bud but u will see it left and took off by time u se the feces. I hate bud worm and boytritus. I had to toss1/3 of my 98 aloha white widows I was gift the. Fro. A friend who swore they don’t mold. Well they were the dankest bugs I’ve ever smelled in flower like a cat piss on skunk but in September in NJ we had 21 days of rain and 90drees of 90%+ humidity. So I was really pissed but I refuse to cut early so nobody can enjoy it. If it to bad I’ll wash em I peroxide water na then make hash out of them. Long story longer I now only grow varieties that never molded for me in my climate. GG4x GMO. GG4 x Chemdog 91 GG4 x grease monkey. GMO /purple punch aka modified grapes. The gmo punch has the best terps and the most savage head high.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
On my second round of purple punch, the first one clone-to-flower round had a nice little top bud.

My whole one p punch plant is just making popcorn buds and it's lollipopped.
Smell is nice....size...not so much.

Maybe something wrong with my nutrients, maybe my environment.
Genetics vary wildly from breeder to breeder

cpurola

cpurola

There many organic beneficial bacteria’s to foliar spray 1 x a week in pre flower and in mid / late flower. It called BT bacillus Therongensis and tricoderma I make my own LAB with rice wash and milk and save the cheese curd for the compost and the whey gets watered directly into solid. And the LA. The middle liquid that in the jar is lactic acid bacteria. It is a game changer in immunity to all type of mood and illnesses. I ll spray with a recharge type product 1 x seek and switch it to BY next spray and then some of my homemade fermented plant extract. Add old wood to soil and buy hard wood charcoal and piss o. It and add some microbes aswell let sit in piss water for a few day smash em into small believes and add to your soil they are sponges for microbes but they must be activated or they will steal NPK from your plants. KKNF and JADAM And fermented plants extract ls aswell as foraging for Indigonous microbes from your property they vigor will be so obvious u will know u did something correct but u r correct my gmo and glues do t get any budworm but any runts crosses or sherbet they love the sweet terps but from my years of observing bud worm avoid GG4 n GMO n heavy trichomes funky ammonia terp plants they pass em. I have had a few get into a bud but u will see it left and took off by time u se the feces. I hate bud worm and boytritus. I had to toss1/3 of my 98 aloha white widows I was gift the. Fro. A friend who swore they don’t mold. Well they were the dankest bugs I’ve ever smelled in flower like a cat piss on skunk but in September in NJ we had 21 days of rain and 90drees of 90%+ humidity. So I was really pissed but I refuse to cut early so nobody can enjoy it. If it to bad I’ll wash em I peroxide water na then make hash out of them. Long story longer I now only grow varieties that never molded for me in my climate. GG4x GMO. GG4 x Chemdog 91 GG4 x grease monkey. GMO /purple punch aka modified grapes. The gmo punch has the best terps and the most savage head high.
I only grow outdoors, tried a FAST version of GG and it molded spectacularly, as did the Fast Jack Herer. They both flowered before the others but....
I'm in Southeast Michigan, similar climate, and I grew Do-Si-Does a couple of years ago and they did well but eventually succumbed to botrytis too. I have taken to examining every flower before tossing it on the dry rack and I wash everything. (Sensitive to mold and make edibles.)
After 5 years of growing outdoors I've accepted I'll lose at least a third to half of my 12 plants to leaf wilt and mold.

I've tried to keep the beneficial insects happy and have not had much of a pest problem, so far.

Can you tell me where you got you seeds from?

JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

I only grow outdoors, tried a FAST version of GG and it molded spectacularly, as did the Fast Jack Herer. They both flowered before the others but....
I'm in Southeast Michigan, similar climate, and I grew Do-Si-Does a couple of years ago and they did well but eventually succumbed to botrytis too. I have taken to examining every flower before tossing it on the dry rack and I wash everything. (Sensitive to mold and make edibles.)
After 5 years of growing outdoors I've accepted I'll lose at least a third to half of my 12 plants to leaf wilt and mold.

I've tried to keep the beneficial insects happy and have not had much of a pest problem, so far.

Can you tell me where you got you seeds from?
Tony green tourtured bean guy has amazing glue and sour bubble crosses that are so hardy and vigorous. Greenpoint seeds believe it or not did amazing for me I. NJ last summer September was 90 degrees to 74 low and like 80-90% humidity lost 30% of my widows but the glue x gmo , gmo x purple punch and some lemon frosting all did so well took the 29 straight day of rain and humidity in late flower and I didn’t lose a bud to mold. I did use an organic IPM foliar spray 2 x aweek in morning with bacillus sub and tricoderma. Something like recharge but foliage spray and also BT for moth and bud worm. Best at killing only budworm and not your beneficial insects and microbes. I learn a lot from JADAM and KNf natural farming practices

Top Bottom