Is Roots original too hot?

• Thread starter Reedhopper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reedhopper

Reedhopper

Is roots original to hot to transplants my plants from coco in solo cups to 1 gallon pots with straight roots original?

Cookoo4Coco

Cookoo4Coco

Yes that stuff Runs HOT. I used it for tomato seedlings last year and burned the crap out of them

I think solo--> roots soil mix is too strong
maybe if/when you go from 1gal big plant ->5 gal you could do it straight

Reedhopper

Reedhopper

Yes that stuff Runs HOT. I used it for tomato seedlings last year and burned the crap out of them

I think solo--> roots soil mix is too strong
maybe if/when you go from 1gal big plant ->5 gal you could do it straight
That’s what I was thinking. I’m thinking of mixing hp pro mix with roots for 1 Gallon pots. Then straight roots when I go in to 7 gallon pots. 🤞

Reedhopper

Reedhopper

An idea I have...... What if I fill my 5 gallon pot with Roots original and well out a solo cup size hole and fill it with coco for my seedling.....Crazy? dumb? thoughts?

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Not intending to highschool the thread, I think it's closely enough related that I didn't want to start a new one.
For those of you who use Roots Original, when did you start feeding after transplant? I have good size veg that just went from old 5 gallon super soil into 25 gallon Roots Original.
I know they need a recovery after transplant, and that the new soil has nutes in it already. They have two weeks to acclimate and grow before I have to flip them to flower. Do you think it's best to just skip the veg nutes altogether and start feeding at the flip, or should I do a light feed in a week?
I'm using roots dry amendments based on their feed schedule.

Oh, and I have been putting rooting clones straight into the Original w without any problems.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Super soil was probably hotter than the Roots so it’ll be hungry real soon imo. II’m not familiar with roots dry but when I top dressed it was a week before flip still with veg amendments and towards the end of stretch began bloom amendments. I definitely would not skip a feed b4 flip because they’ll be needing it with all the growth that occurs. Clones can be fed at the same rate they were when they were taken. My clones go straight into super soil.

Top Bottom