Is Sea Green Worth 325$ A Gallon?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
testiclees

testiclees

I don't think so at all. With proper feeding same results can be achieved at such lower costs in my opinion not viable. Compost teas and using soluble kelp with provide similar results for pennys
No. Using soluble kelp frequently will have no such effect. Using kelp will knock your k and na out of whack. Your suggestion is misguided.

420Artie

420Artie

Guys I used sea green on a run of SFV OG a couple of years ago my buds where nocticefully bigger and denser not saying it doubled my colas but did see a difference. I though it was just the placebo effect so I did another run with the same cuts from the same mother with out sea green and buds weren't as big or dense from the previous run with sea green. I was using straight tap water, dyna grow foliage pro, calimagic, sea green in fox farm coco loco.

mancorn

mancorn

I know zilch about PS products and have no dog in this hunt. But unless you're an organic grower, Sea Green isn't going to be all that beneficial as your chemical feteralizers are just going to smoke all the beneficial critters you're buying in SG.

A lot of recreational growers, grow because they like too. You can also buy weed at the store, so why bother going through the whole hassle of growing? (Rhetorical question). Making compost teas (AACT) is actually pretty fun (a lot easier then making beer), relatively easy, and producers the beneficial microbes your girls will love. Growing Sea Monkeys is more challenging. Will you grow more microbes (in a couple days in your garage) then Sea Green? Almost assuredly no. But you can make some great juice, and with a little research tailor your tea to combat pest, enhance your soil structure, buffer your ph, feed beneficial microbes, etc., for your entire yard. For the majority of recreational growers spending $12 on the excellent book, Teaming with Microbes, is probably a better use of your money.

primordialsolutions

primordialsolutions

Primordial Solutions
Supporter
I know zilch about PS products and have no dog in this hunt. But unless you're an organic grower, Sea Green isn't going to be all that beneficial as your chemical feteralizers are just going to smoke all the beneficial critters you're buying in SG.

A lot of recreational growers, grow because they like too. You can also buy weed at the store, so why bother going through the whole hassle of growing? (Rhetorical question). Making compost teas (AACT) is actually pretty fun (a lot easier then making beer), relatively easy, and producers the beneficial microbes your girls will love. Growing Sea Monkeys is more challenging. Will you grow more microbes (in a couple days in your garage) then Sea Green? Almost assuredly no. But you can make some great juice, and with a little research tailor your tea to combat pest, enhance your soil structure, buffer your ph, feed beneficial microbes, etc., for your entire yard. For the majority of recreational growers spending $12 on the excellent book, Teaming with Microbes, is probably a better use of your money.
Sea green was actually developed for the conventional AG strawberry Market many many years ago. It is loaded to the brim full of extremophiles, halotrophiles, and chemotrophic bacteria. These organisms actually immobilize the ionic salts, decrease the EC of the solution, and mitigate the damage from conventional fertilizers to the soil food web. If you're going to use conventional fertilizers, adding sea green to your nutrient solution is an absolute game-changer.

And if you're not doing conventional fertilizers, and rather are applying organic ones, Sea Green is also loaded with saprotrophs which will cycle nutrients and release available plant food which is bound up in organic matter.

All that said, Teaming with Microbes is a pretty good book to get your feet wet, and ultimately the best suggestion I can give is to invest in a microscope and to regularly test products off the shelf that claim microbes and test your soil itself. Repeated tests and observations are the foundation of all science. A basic microscope at 400 times will give you a decent biological snapshot. However oil immersion 1000x with stains are ultimately necessary to see many of the bacteria.

The attached screenshot is a 400x zoom of Sea Green straight out of the bottle diluted five times to allow light to pass through. You can't see all the bacteria because of their size, but at this field of Zoom there is actually no space between the organisms and they all appear to be motile when in fact it is Brownian motion. Playing with the fine tune knob on the microscope allows you to see the refraction of light on their cells and get a sense for how densely packed it is.

Happy Microbe Farming!

Screenshot 20190223 164453 Gallery
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
All that said, Teaming with Microbes is a pretty good book to get your feet wet, and ultimately the best suggestion I can give is to invest in a microscope and to regularly test products off the shelf that claim microbes and test your soil itself. Repeated tests and observations are the foundation of all science.

People who actually get it. That isn't too common. Kudos.

420Artie

420Artie

These organisms actually immobilize the ionic salts, decrease the EC of the solution, and mitigate the damage from conventional fertilizers to the soil food web. If you're going to use conventional fertilizers, adding sea green to your nutrient solution is an absolute game-changer. Now I see why I saw a difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom