Is Separate Veg Room Recommended?

• Thread starter tilopa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tilopa

tilopa

I am going to start an undercurrent system (double barrel 13XL) in a space that is roughly 10x15 with 6 1k lights. I also have a smaller room that I have been using as a veg room for my dirt grow that is 9x6 with 2 600w MH. My plan with the new system was to put 28 5 gal buckets in the veg room using the undercurrent lids and after about 4 weeks of vegging (doing a traditional DWC) simply take the lid with the net pot and plant and transfer to the flower room with the 13 gal buckets.

I have started doing this and the big issue I am running into is too much heat in the water. After much research (and experimentation running the airpump air through a copper tube in a freezer) I have come to conclude that no one seems to have a viable solution to controller water temp in a traditional DWC (when I say traditional I mean a non recirculating DWC). Seemingly the only 2 responses to the heat problem are get a water chiller, which unless I'm missing something will not be useful for 28 seperate buckets, or put frozen coke bottles in your buckets, which.... I'm not even going to mention why that is ridiculous.

So, now I'm wondering if others even do a veg cycle in another room? And maybe I should just use my current veg room by putting another undercurrent system in, much smaller of course, and veg and flower in the same rooms. Of course that would be extra expense and I like the idea of a separate veg because I can be vegging for 4 or 5 weeks in another room while my flower room is always going>
Any advice would be appreciated.

GenghisDon

GenghisDon

Flood and drain table with a lid. Then you'll have a single body of water that can be chilled. Throw some air stones in and away you go.

GenghisDon

GenghisDon

For the first time around though I don't see why you don't just throw them in the UC to veg under 6kw. Bigger is better last time I checked.

GenghisDon

GenghisDon

Beer cups filled with media and top fed for a month. Terrible idea unless you want them the same size as they came out of the cloner.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I have tried a number of ways, this is what I'm doing now. Simple and good growth, 2 weeks old. Got to get the roots going real well

IMGP7688
IMGP7689

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

There is a problem when I do this ^^^^^^ LOL got to get the chain saw out when there done. This is at 6 weeks and there are 8 plants in there some where....

IMGP7690
IMGP7692
IMGP7700

T

tipper619sd

ya man looking great those plants look marvelous just marvelous . what strain is that

Latest posts

Top Bottom