Is sexing seeds possible?

• Thread starter Simple Simon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Simple Simon

I was reading THE BEST OF ASK ED by Ed Rosenthal and I read this on page 16 - SEXING SUCCESS -[ I have been growing some great smoke for 5 years . The reason I am writing to you is because readers often ask , " How can you tell a male seed from a female seed? " I think I may have found the answer everyone is looking for. First, germinate the seeds. Look to see where the sprout comes out of the seeds. If it comes out on top or either end, I've found that the plant will be female. If it comes out on the side, it will be male. I know this sounds crazy, but I've had over 90% success with this method and so have Friends of mine. I hope this helps some of your readers. R. L. ] I have found this to be true in a small test of 5 beans, I only had one sprout on the end and the rest came out the side and sure enough the one that came out of the end was a female . Has any one else found this to be true ?

T

tenacious

Supporter
i've tried this & the results are unreliable at best.
i belive that a seeds sex that has been pre-determined to be female, can be changed to male or hermi by stress!! a male can be influenced to change to a female, but that same plant is fairly likely to go hermi. that is also why i do not like feminised seed.

C

CrippledCrow

Sexing seeds is a myth , sexing lays heavily on enviormental factors . Use the great outdoors for example , plant high and dry on a hillside and you`ll get more males in the ratio compared to planting low in a valley etc.

D

downstairs

My bro and I argue about this about every time we get together. He says you can and I've been telling him for years he's full of shit. We'll never prove it to each other cuz he doesn't know I grow and I've never had the privilege of seeing his methods.:stonedsmilie:

F

Fred Norris

i read the thread title and thought, "shit , this guy must be real horny,what a strange question" blame it on the bubble.

420Gemmy

I'm pretty sure it's not possible, don't know for sure though.

Top Bottom