Is she ready? Northern lights

• Thread starter Splifkila
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Splifkila

Splifkila

Hey all I'm brand new here just want a little bit of advice. I started growing Northern lights about 7 to 8 weeks ago and she looks like this now. I'm just wondering if you think she's ready because she still has some big white hairs sticking up even though the buds are big. I don't have a microscope and the macro image looks like the trichomes are milky.
Is she ready northern lights
Please let me know what you think

Is she ready northern lights 2
Is she ready northern lights 3
Splifkila

Splifkila

Is that a photo or auto flower NL? How long has it been flowering now?
It's an auto. Started flowering around June 12. I just thought it should have more dark hairs but there is white ones all over still with maybe 20% orange hairs

socks4free

socks4free

I can't tell you based on those pictures it's too blurry 🤷‍♂️ but I'd think they have atleast a week left. But that could just be personal preference some people like to harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy but I like to see some Amber in there too maybe 20%. Amber 80% cloudy.

Splifkila

Splifkila

I can't tell you based on those pictures it's too blurry 🤷‍♂️ but I'd think they have atleast a week left. But that could just be personal preference some people like to harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy but I like to see some Amber in there too maybe 20%. Amber 80% cloudy.
Yeah I think I'll give her another week. Sorry for the blurred image.. that was the best my camera could do. I just don't wanna cut her down too early even though she's big enough. Thanks for the advice!

socks4free

socks4free

With my phone it has two forward facing cameras the second will take over if I zoom past 1.9x, I've noticed if I stop at 1.9x and take pictures at that I get much clearer pictures. Maybe if you mess around with your zoom amounts and the focus you can better pictures🤷‍♂️.

Splifkila

Splifkila

With my phone it has two forward facing cameras the second will take over if I zoom past 1.9x, I've noticed if I stop at 1.9x and take pictures at that I get much clearer pictures. Maybe if you mess around with your zoom amounts and the focus you can better pictures🤷‍♂️.
Yeah my phone is crap. I had to get an app to get the close up shot. I'm due for a new phone 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

If it were my plant I would let it keep going a few weeks. Looks nice from what I can see in your pictures, but still a bit green. Harvest time is somewhat a personal preference once your plant is mature. If your plant has separate colas you could harvest one and let the other(s) grow... then harvest another next week and so on.

The waiting sucks, especially on your first few grows. I just harvested my 4th crop and my patience is slowly improving.... :)

Splifkila

Splifkila

If it were my plant I would let it keep going a few weeks. Looks nice from what I can see in your pictures, but still a bit green. Harvest time is somewhat a personal preference once your plant is mature. If your plant has separate colas you could harvest one and let the other(s) grow... then harvest another next week and so on.

The waiting sucks, especially on your first few grows. I just harvested my 4th crop and my patience is slowly improving.... :)
Hey that's actually a good idea. I'll take off one of the lower branches and see how it is. I've done a few grows before but they were pretty much failures. This is one where I feel the nugs and they are rock hard and can't help but smile. So I really don't wanna screw up this one :)

IMG 20210809 191013
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I let mine go until they started sort of ripening on the stalk. The white hairs turn orange and curl up. Again, lots of personal preference here. If your trichomes are cloudy instead of clear you can harvest anytime you like. That last picture looks GREAT!

socks4free

socks4free

Hey that's actually a good idea. I'll take off one of the lower branches and see how it is. I've done a few grows before but they were pretty much failures. This is one where I feel the nugs and they are rock hard and can't help but smile. So I really don't wanna screw up this one :)
To be fair you won't get a great idea of how the bud is if you don't take time to dry and cure it correctly so I don't think that method works very well if your doing it to figure out how close they are. The bud will not be very good unless dried and cured correctly, it will taste and smell like hay.

Splifkila

Splifkila

To be fair you won't get a great idea of how the bud is if you don't take time to dry and cure it correctly so I don't think that method works very well if your doing it to figure out how close they are. The bud will not be very good unless dried and cured correctly, it will taste and smell like hay.
Lol yeah. I don't wanna smoke hay. That's for sure. And definitely won't be doing an oven cure... I know it has to sit for a few weeks to cure. I'll just give it another week and see how she goes

jmand

jmand

looks good man! well done! I am gone with these guys and my initial gut reactoin is it needs a bit longer between a week or a bit over. The last parts of the flowering cycle are so crucial to let the buds thcken up, most of the density comes towards the end and can add so much weight!!

Impossible to see any trichomes with those pics bro.. But they should have a round sphere part on the end when nearing completion.. Also I feel there should be a bit more orange hairs/pestals, it looks a litle premature to me... What is the advised flowering time on the packet/from distributor? all of them are different some dont even go very orange and some turn super orange ages before being ready.

I might even think they need two more weeks but hard to tell without being there..

also squeeze the buds with your index and thumb se how dense they are, they should be really dense compared to earlier in the grow

Splifkila

Splifkila

looks good man! well done! I am gone with these guys and my initial gut reactoin is it needs a bit longer between a week or a bit over. The last parts of the flowering cycle are so crucial to let the buds thcken up, most of the density comes towards the end and can add so much weight!!

Impossible to see any trichomes with those pics bro.. But they should have a round sphere part on the end when nearing completion.. Also I feel there should be a bit more orange hairs/pestals, it looks a litle premature to me... What is the advised flowering time on the packet/from distributor? all of them are different some dont even go very orange and some turn super orange ages before being ready.

I might even think they need two more weeks but hard to tell without being there..

also squeeze the buds with your index and thumb se how dense they are, they should be really dense compared to earlier in the grow
I went with my gut feeling. The nugs were hard like rocks. I harvested her and damn it's the best I've ever done. Tastes good and leaves me in a vegetable state for a good 20 mins. I'm super happy with northern lights

IMG 20210816 091150
IMG 20210817 104930
jmand

jmand

I went with my gut feeling. The nugs were hard like rocks. I harvested her and damn it's the best I've ever done. Tastes good and leaves me in a vegetable state for a good 20 mins. I'm super happy with northern lights
hey seems a good choice the leaves were going yellow and with a closer look yeah they look quite orange on the pistels. Good work! Love northern lights I miss those proper skunks now its all cookies and shit...

jmand

jmand

man I cant wait to have some nice fresh bud nothing beats fresh sticky bud!!!

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Harder than growing i think!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Only 20 minutes I’d be vaping all day. Nice looking bud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom