is she Ready to harvest? tips for drying

• Thread starter emma.dir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

emma.dir

hey guys is she ready to harvest? i know i am lol. I don't want the THC to start converting to CBD. I asked a couple weeks ago and someone said i was 2 to 3 weeks out....

also its my first successful grow, does anyone have any harvesting tips I was just gonna tie the buds to hangers and hang them in the tent. should i turn the dehumidifier off? and should the light be on or off when they are drying? how long does it usually take to dry? i am getting mason jars to cure after drying. any tips are very appreciated

Is she ready to harvest tips for drying
Is she ready to harvest tips for drying 2
Is she ready to harvest tips for drying 3
Is she ready to harvest tips for drying 4
Is she ready to harvest tips for drying 5
Is she ready to harvest tips for drying 6
Is she ready to harvest tips for drying 7
E

emma.dir

also are those purple leaves bad? Someone said it could be due to genetics. My other plant is the same strain from the same place though and it doesn't have purple leaves at least yet but it does have purple stems on a few of the leaves.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Keep up the P.K. No Nitrogen at all for 2 weeks. Then just water for a week.
She will take on fall colors.
The green is chlorophyll, The more green the plant is when harvested the more grass or hay smell of the weed.
The more hay smell the longer it has to hang in order to get rid of the stink.

If you want to harvest dank weed. This will help you.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
hey guys is she ready to harvest?
She's close.

I don't want the THC to start converting to CBD. I asked a couple weeks ago and someone said i was 2 to 3 weeks out....
I like CBD. Another week or two is about right. You could cut off a bud, dry it and see if you like it.

also its my first successful grow, does anyone have any harvesting tips I was just gonna tie the buds to hangers and hang them in the tent.

should i turn the dehumidifier off?
Maybe. The humidity should be close to 60%.

and should the light be on or off when they are drying?
It should be off. Drying, curing and storage should all be in darkness to counteract chlorophyll.

how long does it usually take to dry?
Mine takes about a week. It depends on how humid the space is where you dry it.

i am getting mason jars to cure after drying. any tips are very appreciated
I cure for 4 to 6 weeks in Grove bags. For storage, we prefer wide-mouth amber-glass jars. Curing in the jars is probably okay, too. The Grove bags help set the humidity level, though.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I don't know a whole lot about auto's, but as a general rule of thumb, you're aiming for a long slow dry. You want lights off, cold and dark, aim for 60 temp and 60 RH, so ditch the dehumidifier, may need a humidifier. Mine usually takes a out 10 days to dry.

B

bloodeye

The green is chlorophyll, The more green the plant is when harvested the more grass or hay smell of the weed.

View attachment 2113904
This guide says to cut nitrogen at a point. I would add (first time grower btw) that I cut my nitrogen significantly at week maybe 8/9 since germ, so around 4/5 of flower and a load of the bottom leaves went yellow on my big bud.
So maybe be a bit careful on the cutting out of nitrogen 🤷🏻‍♂️

The plant has recovered well from a dose of biobizz bio grow

E

emma.dir

View attachment 2113904
thanks. the only flower food I have is fish bonemeal which is 5-13-0 Should i get another food high in PK... what do you usually use?

E

emma.dir

No need to worry about that as it wont happen.
THC converts to CBN.

View attachment 2113904
thanks, super helpful just ordered grotek monster bloom!

Top Bottom