Is She Really That Thirsty?!

• Thread starter UgrewWHAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Hi'ya folks!
Just thought I'd ask the best because I'm sure you're gonna know: What you're looking at here is a Skywalker OG in a 7 gallon smart pot. Albeit she's perky and erect in this picture she's wilting by mid-afternoon daily until watered.

Is she really drinking that much? I mean, if I soak her she'll go two days but when I hit her with the gallon jug she's looking parched the next day.

Is she really that thirsty
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Hi'ya folks!
Just thought I'd ask the best because I'm sure you're gonna know: What you're looking at here is a Skywalker OG in a 7 gallon smart pot. Albeit she's perky and erect in this picture she's wilting by mid-afternoon daily until watered.

Is she really drinking that much? I mean, if I soak her she'll go two days but when I hit her with the gallon jug she's looking parched the next day.
She looks good that normal the hot temp you want to keep your moist at all times 40-60% put some hay on top of soil to help with moisture issues! My garden gets bout 70 gallons of water a day

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

she'll definitely be drinking that much - that's a lot of plant mass for that size pot outdoors. I water my outdoor 3 gal pots almost a gallon a day right now and they're right around 2-3 ft tall and ready for a transplant.

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

I really appreciate the input. Where folks on the other side of the hill are feeling low 100's I'm 10 to 15 degrees cooler on account of the bay breeze. Coastal climate is everything.

I'd added some vermiculite when putting my soil together in advance of summer conditions knowing there'd be long thirsty days. As most folks do I'm set for a little getaway and am trying to strategize how to keep her moist when gone. Drip lines...

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

she'll definitely be drinking that much - that's a lot of plant mass for that size pot outdoors. I water my outdoor 3 gal pots almost a gallon a day right now and they're right around 2-3 ft tall and ready for a transplant.
This little darling is 3 foot 6... She's just wide and well girthed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cover that pot and she'll thank you for keeping her feet cool. Nobody likes it when their feet are on fire. If you have them on hand, empty soil bags, cut open, turn inside out, wrap.

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Oh of course Seamaiden! What isn't pictured is the hole that I put that whole pot in to keep her low to the ground. I've taken every precaution to keep her moist and cool. My objective was to create a low-profile plant; short, squat, wide and manageable.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I really appreciate the input. Where folks on the other side of the hill are feeling low 100's I'm 10 to 15 degrees cooler on account of the bay breeze. Coastal climate is everything.

I'd added some vermiculite when putting my soil together in advance of summer conditions knowing there'd be long thirsty days. As most folks do I'm set for a little getaway and am trying to strategize how to keep her moist when gone. Drip lines...
Drip lines get clogged, someone has tobe there everyday to water atleast monitor the drip lines

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Fill a garbage can with water and put a rope hanging out of the top of the can down into or right above the pot with the other end all the way at the bottom of the can. The rope will naturally slowly wick out the water from the can, instant redneck dripring.
Wick watering s1

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Do it once while you are home to see how long the water lasts to see how big of a container you will need for your trip. Smaller size or different material string/rope may wick at different speeds.
You're a God!

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Of course I have. It's just that I am intentionally keeping her within a controlled height and width.
I'd love to see this gal through her greatest potential. That might be next season but isn't particularly this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom