Is she sick or just cold?

• Thread starter curious618
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curious618

curious618

Hey guys and gals. I am trying to see if my girl is sick, cold, or just hungry. She’s in Happy Frog and have fed half strength nutes the last two feedings. My next water will have the nutes kicked up a notch. She was just watered two days ago to 10% runoff. It has been down to freezing temps here. Tent is in a metal shed. I have a heater in the tent that runs two separate heat cycles during the night. What do y’all think is going on here?

Is she sick or just cold
Is she sick or just cold 2
BigCube

BigCube

Hey guys and gals. I am trying to see if my girl is sick, cold, or just hungry. She’s in Happy Frog and have fed half strength nutes the last two feedings. My next water will have the nutes kicked up a notch. She was just watered two days ago to 10% runoff. It has been down to freezing temps here. Tent is in a metal shed. I have a heater in the tent that runs two separate heat cycles during the night. What do y’all think is going on here?

Looks like cold to me. A heated seedling mat and a towel or something wrapped around the pot for insulation might help. I've also seen people use aquarium heater tube in their pot.

You would be best off getting a small sealed oil heater and a thermostat.

curious618

curious618

Looks like cold to me. A heated seedling mat and a towel or something wrapped around the pot for insulation might help. I've also seen people use aquarium heater tube in their pot.

You would be best off getting a small sealed oil heater and a thermostat.
I’ll look for a heating mat I hadn’t thought about that. I have the pot lifted off the ground sitting on packing styrofoam. This is the heater I have in it from Amazon. It runs 2 cycles: 1 for 3.5 hrs and 1 for 2.5 hrs. Should I just keep the heater running all night?

AmazonBasics 500-Watt Ceramic...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MX8VN5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

BigCube

BigCube

I’ll look for a heating mat I hadn’t thought about that. I have the pot lifted off the ground sitting on packing styrofoam. This is the heater I have in it from Amazon. It runs 2 cycles: 1 for 3.5 hrs and 1 for 2.5 hrs. Should I just keep the heater running all night?

AmazonBasics 500-Watt Ceramic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MX8VN5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Problem with forced air heating is it drys things out. The heated mat may be enough, if not increase the heater on hours. Good luck 👍

curious618

curious618

Problem with forced air heating is it drys things out. The heated mat may be enough, if not increase the heater on hours. Good luck 👍
Mat ordered and will be here Thursday. I noticed it has been drying out the air a bit. I’ll have to tinker with everything and see how she does. Once she heals I need to start the LST before flower time. Thanks for your help!

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Looks like a combo of cold and underwatering perhaps. As was said, heaters can dry things out quicker. It's possible that your heater is drying the soil out. As far as leaving it on all night, I'd buy a Govee thermometer/humidistat for $13 on Amazon. It hooks up to an app on your phone and will show you a readout of your Temps and humidity from each day, you can look down to the minute to track your environment.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what’s this? you got some twisty leaves.. wpm?.
look at the inner leaves out of the light and see of you see more of this?

29E27E38 9B3E 41BE 8841 AF0D7658DCDF
curious618

curious618

Whenever she’s healthy there’s only one or two twisty leaves. But yes I’m seein them a bunch. Strand is Bubba Kush from Seedsman. WPM? Lol sorry I don’t know all of the acronyms. Here’s healthy pics of her.

3D8F1002 0A34 46FF A09E 6335BC20E239
DF4E83FC 59DE 4E43 A177 1267964775AD
E1D46557 1CFB 424D 8412 3B32A84E29FF
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Whenever she’s healthy there’s only one or two twisty leaves. But yes I’m seein them a bunch. Strand is Bubba Kush from Seedsman. WPM? Lol sorry I don’t know all of the acronyms. Here’s healthy pics of her.
wpm- white powdery mildew..
or pest.. i think you have the start of wpm..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ugh. Just what I need. Any suggested ways to combat it?
well make sure first., look at the inside leaves at different angles and try to find more of it.
i can only help if you have a 1000watt light or something very intense..
otherwise lots of others here will have ideas for you.
she is still small so it’s worth doing..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yea this is my second attempt at growing. My last round I messed up real bad lol.
ya that’s fine, i’m sure your learning as you go, at least you admit to it and came here for help!
you’ll be a professional soon..
just get what you need to grow, get good quality as you know your a grower now and it won’t be your last.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya that’s fine, i’m sure your learning as you go, at least you admit to it and came here for help!
you’ll be a professional soon..
just get what you need to grow, get good quality as you know your a grower now and it won’t be your last.
though you have to determine if she has wpm? maybe try posting a couple photos by moving branches to the side?

curious618

curious618

First night in the heating pad she seems to do better. This morning I’m starting to see some white and whispies on the top nodes. Is she starting to throw pistils?

71E5B0F8 D498 4C6D BE8C 5D8DDA2C52A9
600C534F 1DEB 4078 BF65 BD2CA75E9C98
36DC6282 7AAA 4FDE 9ED8 0E48C60B0625
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
she is showing her sexual gender.. meaning she’s getting mature and ready for flowering..

Top Bottom