Is something wrong with my Sorbet Dreams ? Fan Leaf finger wilt.

• Thread starter TEng8708
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TEng8708

Hello i am growing 1 sorbet dream plant which is in week 3 flower and i have noticed fingers on some of my fan leafs wilting but not the whole leaf. I have never seen this before. 22 degrees C 50% humidity. Is it something to do with VPD ? Thanks for your input.

Is something wrong with my sorbet dreams  fan leaf finger wilt
Is something wrong with my sorbet dreams  fan leaf finger wilt 2
Is something wrong with my sorbet dreams  fan leaf finger wilt 3
T

TEng8708

I have three other plants in the tent that are not doing this so not sure why its happening to Sorbet.

T

TEng8708

No i am using bud food since week 1. I added worm casings 2 weeks before i put my plants in bud.
I think my tent may be a tad too cold i raised the temperature to 75. I will see if that helps. I have also been having trouble controlling my humidity levels as i do not own a dehumidifier or humidifier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maybe a bit of nitrogen toxicity? Are you still feeding N?
I agree definitely had to much nitrogen at some point. Very dark green leaves with your typical claw. Possibly previously during veg or from worm castings added. I'm thinking the latter

Your VPD if anything may be a bit low for flower but is not going to cause those issues. I'm not a soil grower but I'm going to assume to much worm castings and you have yourself N tox like @London bud said.

But see what the soil guys say.

T

TEng8708

Interesting I know worm castings will not burn the plant but i didn't think about over doing it on the nitrogen. The worm casing should wear off after a few weeks if am i correct? Will flushing the plant help ? I Think i you guys are right though.

T

TEng8708

According to an article i read it says its best i start just using PK and stop using my hydro fuel as it will just keep adding more nitrogen. Since my plant doesn't need nitrogen i need to buy something like PK 13/14 and just feed it that once a week until the nitrogen wears down.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not a soil guy and excess nutes will probably have some impact on the taste on your buds but I would say the biggest factor in terms of that green taste as you call it would be the drying and curing process that breaks down the chlorophyll. Will a flush help? Again I'm a hydro guy but I would say so.

London bud

London bud

According to an article i read it says its best i start just using PK and stop using my hydro fuel as it will just keep adding more nitrogen. Since my plant doesn't need nitrogen i need to buy something like PK 13/14 and just feed it that once a week until the nitrogen wears down.
Once I go 12/12 I don't add any more N, this forces the plant to use up all the N reserves it has so by harvest your plant should be yellowing and fading a bit, which in turn means less chlorophyll in the plant at the end to be broken down in the cure.
You just need p and k in flower, perhaps a little touch of N if the plant starts yellowing to early. Cut the N now and dry the bud nice n slow after harvesting and yr stuff will dry out smelling a bit better in future aswel

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I agree with a tad too much nitrogen. Worm castings are pretty hot, as is guano and manure. The plant looks pretty good but I would cut back on the fertilizers. Many of these nutes and stuff are designed for large commercial grows that have large plants with tons of leaves. If you have a smaller plant, you don't always need a ton of fertilizer to keep it happy. Too much nitrogen also promotes more chlorophyll, which is a large part of the harsh homegrown taste that I remember from younger days. A slow dry and cure should remove most of the chlorophyll, but the less you start with, the less you have to worry about during dry and cure operations.
On a side note, I see the silver flex vent pipe near the depressed leaf. If the leaf is getting a stronger light source from the reflection than it is from the light (because of shadows, etc), then the leaf could turn towards the stronger light. I ran into this problem when my plants grew taller than the level of my light, and all of the leaves above the light were clawed downward, maximizing their light exposure. I doubt that is the issue, but they can grow funny trying to get the brightest light exposure.

T

TEng8708

Ya i do need more light these girls got really big their around 5 ft. Im using a 315 CMH. Should be able to get it fixed but grow store wont having any PK till next week so ill have to just use plain water till then or the N wears down.

T

TEng8708

So the problem is I had too little light for the amount of nutrients i was using. So the plants were not uptaking the nutrients because not enough light for them. I have cut down my food and cut out hydro fuel for a week and things are looking a lot better. It seems my 11 roses and cotton candy kush were not affected by the nitrogen as bad as sorbet. I plan on upgrading to a 1000W HPS, i am currently using a 315 CMH Equivalent to 600W. I figured it out while i was looking at my plants in Veg i was asking myself how could these plants have nitrogen overdose when I've used way more in the past and then i realized well this light is only a weak LED thats why their not taking up the Nitrogen.
Thanks everyone for your help !

P

pdx

PDX
315 CMH Equivalent to 600W. I figured it out while i was looking at my plants in Veg i was asking myself how could these plants have nitrogen overdose when I've used way more in the past and then i realized well this light is only a weak LED thats why their not taking up the Nitrogen.
Thanks everyone for your help !

Are you using an LED light or a CMH? I'm also using a 315w CMH and am in veg stage right now. I'm also running 4 plants in a 38''x38'' tent that's just a bit shorter than myself where I'm 5'11''

T

TEng8708

Are you using an LED light or a CMH? I'm also using a 315w CMH and am in veg stage right now. I'm also running 4 plants in a 38''x38'' tent that's just a bit shorter than myself where I'm 5'11''
Im using a LED for VEG and a 315 CMH for bud in a 5x5 tent i supposedly need 4 of those to have the proper light and a single bulb costs $150 so im probably gonna just buy a 1000W HPS and use the CMH for VEG

T

TEng8708

My plants were getting N overdose in VEG and thats how i realized my light was too weak because im used to using 1000W HPS and never had issues with N toxicity.

Top Bottom