Is the light i have trash?

• Thread starter Tylerjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tylerjones

Tylerjones

I bought a off brand full spectrum grow light 1000w. Has the the adjustable bloom and veg nob. Im not sure if I bought juck because my plants grew, but did not bud very big. But was still patient.
I use fox farm notes, fox farm soil in fabric air pots. In a 3x3x76 grow tent, at 60%rh with a moving fan. The ventilation is pulling 200cfm

Should I invest in a grow light that does not offer blurple for better yields? I want to stay l.e.d

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I bought a off brand full spectrum grow light 1000w. Has the the adjustable bloom and veg nob. Im not sure if I bought juck because my plants grew, but did not bud very big. But was still patient.
I use fox farm notes, fox farm soil in fabric air pots. In a 3x3x76 grow tent, at 60%rh with a moving fan. The ventilation is pulling 200cfm

Should I invest in a grow light that does not offer blurple for better yields? I want to stay l.e.d
Can you link the light? I can say even blurples grow good buds. I would say most important is the watts per sq ft.

Are there better lights... absolutely but do they fit your budget and is the cost difference worth it to you is another thing.

Generally speaking most of the blurples are more an issue with quality and lifespan than ability to grow plants.

NamiMami

NamiMami

I switched from general blurple to a SF4000 but I have a 4x4 I see a huge difference. Worth the money

Tylerjones

Tylerjones

This is the Light I screenshot it from Amazon, its currently unavailable now so it can't be looked up. I can go from whiteish blue, blurple to solid red in the colors.

Screenshot 20201019 160043 Amazon Shopping
Screenshot 20201019 160055 Amazon Shopping
Screenshot 20201019 160106 Amazon Shopping
R

redshift75

those are good for 1 - 2 plants max. That one hard to say since its off brand. id go 1 plant. more has to do with foot print. so if you had a bunch of plants stretching growing popcorn. Its because you were under powered. Im working on a write up now that goes into how im able to tell my coverage using cold and reading the plants to tell the intensity, penetration, etc of my lights.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is the Light I screenshot it from Amazon, its currently unavailable now so it can't be looked up. I can go from whiteish blue, blurple to solid red in the colors.
Yeah it doesn't even say the actual wattage. Not something I would use. Maybe 1 plant? Does it say the actual wattage on the fixture itself?

R

redshift75

@HygrowLightingSolutions may have some better budget options. Don’t waste your money on amazon.
idk i buy my bloomspect lights on amazon and love them. I got the sf600 i believe for like $40 i was able to get almost 4 of them for the price of one of my qb288's or w.e I bought like 20 of them. Then bought another 10 of the QB mixes from china then some more. SO i mean i trade off between china and amazon depending on cost. I scoop up some deals and love to barter them after i try em. Some blurples if you know the baseline you can get them for a deal. Ive mostly started to go white light for the dimming and par vs blurple. But i still plan to run my blurple vs quantum tent next year.

Lots of crappy lights on amazon, but definitely some deals to be found. Ive almost got all 8 tents fully outfitted with lights in a year for around $3k right now. Not including any of the offset of lights i've flipped buying extra from china or deals on amazon i sell for slight profit to offset my costs.

Honestly i've found every time i've ordered from china. I've ordered 2x as many lights as i want and always sold the rest within a few days of receiving them for almost double.>

pretty much aqua man and them telling me to go quantum was best choice i made this year because thats helped me fund my entire grow development almost dollar for dollar.

edit/update: here is one of my amazon light tents. All bloomspect. i was able to get em on deals for roughly $430+tax in lights 8x sf600 "100 watt quantum" 2x "1200w" blurple 1x"600w" blurple. i have a few others that are just sf600 (cant remember if its sf or sl600 without checking my order history.) Honestly for a 4x8 even 8 of them is nice. Im running 2 per 4x4 on 2 plants with no issues.

I've actually got em 12" over the plants for the foot print. Would run them closer. But with the cold temps you can see the phosphorus deficiency. which i intentionally did. The yellow leaves turning purple. You can see the before and after in tent B2 on strain #2. You can see the purple going down to the tops of at least half way down on just a single light side by side for 2 plants. for $80 thats not bad at all when compared to the real sunlight counterpart. Im doing a write up on it. But need time to finish it for the whole purple leaves indicator to tell your light quality/penetration.

Im also only running the lights at 60w's which is roughly the 70% mark (oddly)
IMG 20200825 182622
IMG 20201013 200448
IMG 20201017 165427

strain outdoors after storm and harvested for comparison of actual sunlight. This was heavy storm with night that hit 25F survived 2 nights or better at 32 below in a row. Govee meter said 25 & 26 before windstorm snapped her and she was harvested
IMG 20201016 140846
IMG 20201016 144826

Last edited by a moderator:
Tylerjones

Tylerjones

idk i buy my bloomspect lights on amazon and love them. I got the sf600 i believe for like $40 i was able to get almost 4 of them for the price of one of my qb288's or w.e I bought like 20 of them. Then bought another 10 of the QB mixes from china then some more. SO i mean i trade off between china and amazon depending on cost. I scoop up some deals and love to barter them after i try em. Some blurples if you know the baseline you can get them for a deal. Ive mostly started to go white light for the dimming and par vs blurple. But i still plan to run my blurple vs quantum tent next year.

Lots of crappy lights on amazon, but definitely some deals to be found. Ive almost got all 8 tents fully outfitted with lights in a year for around $3k right now. Not including any of the offset of lights i've flipped buying extra from china or deals on amazon i sell for slight profit to offset my costs.

Honestly i've found every time i've ordered from china. I've ordered 2x as many lights as i want and always sold the rest within a few days of receiving them for almost double.>

pretty much aqua man and them telling me to go quantum was best choice i made this year because thats helped me fund my entire grow development almost dollar for dollar.

edit/update: here is one of my amazon light tents. All bloomspect. i was able to get em on deals for roughly $430+tax in lights 8x sf600 "100 watt quantum" 2x "1200w" blurple 1x"600w" blurple. i have a few others that are just sf600 (cant remember if its sf or sl600 without checking my order history.) Honestly for a 4x8 even 8 of them is nice. Im running 2 per 4x4 on 2 plants with no issues.

I've actually got em 12" over the plants for the foot print. Would run them closer. But with the cold temps you can see the phosphorus deficiency. which i intentionally did. The yellow leaves turning purple. You can see the before and after in tent B2 on strain #2. You can see the purple going down to the tops of at least half way down on just a single light side by side for 2 plants. for $80 thats not bad at all when compared to the real sunlight counterpart. Im doing a write up on it. But need time to finish it for the whole purple leaves indicator to tell your light quality/penetration.

Im also only running the lights at 60w's which is roughly the 70% mark (oddly)
View attachment 1045929View attachment 1045932View attachment 1045930

strain outdoors after storm and harvested for comparison of actual sunlight. This was heavy storm with night that hit 25F survived 2 nights or better at 32 below in a row. Govee meter said 25 & 26 before windstorm snapped her and she was harvestedView attachment 1045938View attachment 1045939
When you run your blirple lights are they blurple the whole time? I'm looking at a spider farmer sf1000 which is good for 2 plants but I'm trying to successfully grow 3 in a tent at the most

R

redshift75

When you run your blirple lights are they blurple the whole time? I'm looking at a spider farmer sf1000 which is good for 2 plants but I'm trying to successfully grow 3 in a tent at the most
so at the start of this year i was blurple only. Through some constructive feedback i was pushed to go quantum. Now i have a blurple+quantum, quantum only and still blurple only tents. I have 8 tents. So it can often be confusing even for myself.

Tylerjones

Tylerjones

Awesome thank you for the feed back!
I'm gonna put a new light on the Christmas list haha hopefully Santa should bring it!
Now since I'm 8n bloom and still using this cheap light with 12/12 should I go full red with no blue, or blurple or solid white/blue?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Awesome thank you for the feed back!
I'm gonna put a new light on the Christmas list haha hopefully Santa should bring it!
Now since I'm 8n bloom and still using this cheap light with 12/12 should I go full red with no blue, or blurple or solid white/blue?
I’ve heard, never personally grown with blurple, that you should run all the switches on. Bloom and veg switches on together. Maybe some with with blurple experience will chime in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom