Is the weed ready to harvest

• Thread starter rk2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

For nutrition iam using npk 1:6:6 which is the only mix i can find which is close around here

Usually water during sundown and soil is completed dry

And use calcium magnesium powder weekly

Night gets cold upto 16°c

The plant has be placed outside completely
Seeded around sep-2022

Currently I am watering only ph balanced water from a week with no nutrition
Ok, that's not so cold to make it stall out every night.
How many hours of full sun?
How big is that pot, 5 gallon or 7?
Are you watering everyday without lifting the pot to see if it's still wet or using some other method to make sure it actually needs water?
I fear you may be killing your roots with too much water and that could be causing the dying brown leaves... when did that start, they small dying leaves?
How much cal mag were you giving? Too much calcium will cause lockout of other nutes and cause a whole host of issues.

rk2

rk2

Ok, that's not so cold to make it stall out every night.
How many hours of full sun?
How big is that pot, 5 gallon or 7?
Are you watering everyday without lifting the pot to see if it's still wet or using some other method to make sure it actually needs water?
I fear you may be killing your roots with too much water and that could be causing the dying brown leaves... when did that start, they small dying leaves?
How much cal mag were you giving? Too much calcium will cause lockout of other nutes and cause a whole host of issues.
Sun is full around 10hours then +2 low light
It's 5gallon pot
I usually test by press on the soil bed using finger to feel the moistness of the plant
And the watering is daily and nutrition is alternative days
Leaves gets droopy by the next if don't water them

And leaves feels crispy now in flowering stage

I use 5grams per week of calmeg powder and sprinkle it on the soil bed befor watering

TSD

TSD

Ok, so the top little bit of the soil being dry doesn't mean the rest is. You need to know if the bottom half is wet or dry as well. It might not be overwatering, just trying to rule that out. Does she perk up after watering... like is she not droopy during the day? Droop doesn't automatically mean needs water, obviously it can... but plants droop at night to "sleep" as well and from too much water. How much are you watering per day? To runoff? Dry leaves can mean underwatering too... You said you water at night so if it's almost night and she's drooping, it might be she's just settling in for the night and you think she's drooping from thirst? Just thinking out loud here really, because it could be so many different causes. It's a fabric pot with a decent size plant so watering daily may very well be necessary.

rk2

rk2

Ok, so the top little bit of the soil being dry doesn't mean the rest is. You need to know if the bottom half is wet or dry as well. It might not be overwatering, just trying to rule that out. Does she perk up after watering... like is she not droopy during the day? Droop doesn't automatically mean needs water, obviously it can... but plants droop at night to "sleep" as well and from too much water. How much are you watering per day? To runoff? Dry leaves can mean underwatering too... You said you water at night so if it's almost night and she's drooping, it might be she's just settling in for the night and you think she's drooping from thirst? Just thinking out loud here really, because it could be so many different causes. It's a fabric pot with a decent size plant so watering daily may very well be necessary.
Right will keep that in mind while watering
No,its looks droopy in the morning

I usually water till run-off
I use 1 liter of water everytime

TSD

TSD

Right will keep that in mind while watering
No,its looks droopy in the morning

I usually water till run-off
I use 1 liter of water everytime
Ok... they are droopy in the morning till they wake up as well. There is no way one liter is saturating a 5 gallon pot... it should take around 1.5 gallons or more... you may actually be underwatering and have dry pockets and roots won't grow into dry soil. The runoff you see is likely just the water taking the path of least resistance down the side of the pot. I think you need to get your watering practices down before you make any other changes. If you water properly to saturation, she will likely be able to go a day or more between waterings, of course that depends on environment. You could put the pot in a tub and let her soak up water till she is saturated, put a bit on top of the soil too, it will take a few hours. Then take note of how heavy she feels, then don't water again till she's light. Can you buy a moisture meter?

TSD

TSD

The fact that you have crispy leaves and are only using a liter says underwatering... however you're watering daily, which is keeping part of her roots constantly wet, which is overwatering because it's too frequent. Does that make sense? Need to get watering down, it's the leading cause of new growers messing up thier plants lol.

TSD

TSD

Soil that has been consistently dry will become hydrophobic, meaning it won't soak up water, the water just rolls right off, that's why I suggested the soaking method. You can go back to regular top watering after you get the soil saturated.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
The fact that you have crispy leaves and are only using a liter says underwatering... however you're watering daily, which is keeping part of her roots constantly wet, which is overwatering because it's too frequent. Does that make sense? Need to get watering down, it's the leading cause of new growers messing up thier plants lol.
that is a zone a lot of new growers i feel get stuck in. trying to not overwatering leading to a case of watering incorrectly and ending with the same negative.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

that is a zone a lot of new growers i feel get stuck in. trying to not overwatering leading to a case of watering incorrectly and ending with the same negative.
For sure, and symptoms can look similar which makes it harder. Fabric pots outside were a complete disaster the one time I attempted them. I was underwatering as well. Cut the pots off to find a nice dry core and the mystery of why my plants were not thriving was instantly solved.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My guess is you’re finding out what happens when you try and grow a plant during the winter when the sunlight and sun strength is totally insufficient for the plant to thrive. That is way too small for a six month old plant. And I don’t see anything on it. That would even suggest you would get a buzz if you chopped it now. I think your only recourse is to let it grow throughout the summer and hope it comes around. And get some others started and grow them during the season that they are supposed to be grown in. He and if you are near the equator that presents a whole different set of challenges. That needs to be researched. And you should try and know the source of your seed. For all, you know, you may be growing a wild hemp plant with no potential for THC to begin with. Not trying to be mean, but just making an observation.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

@Oldchucky yeah weak sun and incorrect watering on an unknown seed doesn’t seem like a recipe for success does it? I know nothing of the climate in India, but you're right, winter sun and summer sun are different.

rk2

rk2

@TSD ,@Oldchucky ,@Cirroji ,@mysticepipedon ,@Moshmen ,@Observationist ,@NorthernOrganics
Hello everyone.

Update on the plant after 7 weeks

I BELIEVE I NEED TO WAIT 4 MORE WEEKS.

And thanks for the helps everyone👍✌️

PXL 20230404 162101404
PXL 20230404 162057197
PXL 20230404 162048323PORTRAIT
PXL 20230404 162036502
labomba

labomba

Hey all. I'm on final stage of flower and go some mites infestation so want to harvest sooner rather than later. I need some advice whether is this ready to harvest or not.

Thanks all already 😉

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Hey all. I'm on final stage of flower and go some mites infestation so want to harvest sooner rather than later. I need some advice whether is this ready to harvest or not.

Thanks all already 😉
It would be better to start a separate thread.

S

Stoney68

It's been 5-6 weeks in the flowering stage
Is it rest to harvest
I have stopped delivering nutrients
Been feeding 6.5-6.7 ph water

Should I harvest the plant
no they are not ready they need at least about 3 more weeks in my opinion then start looking closely for the tricombs to start turning brown under the microscope.

S

Stoney68

Something about this entire plant seems crazy. First off - that browning looks sus , have you have a stall in growth recently? looks like a nasty root/bot issue in it's beginning

what in the heck strain is that? 5 weeks into flower something just seems off.
yes these flowers dont look like any flowers I have ever seen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom