Is There A Better Way To Position My Lights?

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I have two 450w LED’s which I think equals 400 or so true watts. I’m growing 3 Sativa’s in 7 gallon smart pots with fox farms soil. The problem I’m having is the light seems to not spread to the plants equally. The plant on the left is the biggest and I’m guessing because it has a light basically all to itself. Is there a way for me to move the lights so it’s more equal? It’s a 3x3x6 grow tent.

Thanks!

Is there a better way to position my lights
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I have two 450w LED’s which I think equals 400 or so true watts. I’m growing 3 Sativa’s in 7 gallon smart pots with fox farms soil. The problem I’m having is the light seems to not spread to the plants equally. The plant on the left is the biggest and I’m guessing because it has a light basically all to itself. Is there a way for me to move the lights so it’s more equal? It’s a 3x3x6 grow tent.

Thanks!
You could maybe try turning the light on the right so it runs perpendicular to the other one. I dunno if that would help. Or you could just rotate you're pots. Move them to a new spot each day.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I’m not sure there’s enough room to put them parallel next to each other they’d probably be a little crushed. And isn’t it good to give each plant some room between each other?

xeamonk

xeamonk

I would flip both those lights 90 degrees. Unless I'm missing something in that pic, it looks like you'd get a more even spread that way. One seedling being bigger, it's probably genetics, seedlings arent sucking up light in that way yet, they all are getting more light than they can use at this point.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Turn them both 90 degrees. It’s too early to judge growth rates. Don’t have the lights too close when they are young. You can move them closer as they mature.
What would 90 degrees look like? Sorry I suck at math lol

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I’m not sure there’s enough room to put them parallel next to each other they’d probably be a little crushed. And isn’t it good to give each plant some room between each other?
I meant turn both of your lights a quarter turn so they are running parallel to each other, not the plants...

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Sounds good I’ll do that and just move them closer as they grow?

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Sounds good I’ll do that and just move them closer as they grow?

Yes. They should be like 30" away when they are seedlings (in fact you could get away with just running one of those leds) and then 18-24" in veg and finally 12-18" during flower. It should say that in the instructions that came with the lights. I had them too close before when my plants were small and damn near killed them in a couple days.

Top Bottom