Is there a curing limit?

• Thread starter bigAl25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigAl25

I now have strawberry bubba kush, ak 48 and bubblelicious in jars curing since late may 2010. Is there a limit on how long I can keep the buds in their glass jars curing? How long have you cured your smoke? Months/years? or do you go to the freezer after long period of time? Your expertiese is appreciated.:party0044:

G

Green Supreme

I find after about 6 months many strains form this homogenous "old" flavor. Its kinda hashy. I really like the strains for their terps and prefer fresher herbs. Peace GS

ps. another thing I notice about the long cures is the hangtime increases.

B

bigAl25

Where do you take your herb, or how would you store it after a 5 or 6 month cure? Freezer, till ready to smoke? thanks for the input farmers.

G

Green Supreme

Most things I store in jars in a dark cool place. There are a few strains I prefer to leave some moisture in and store in the fridge crisper drawer to keep fresh. I call it cols curing The fridge slowly dries the herbs over time keeping it fresher longer. Peace GS

Blaze

Blaze

I would also agree that 6 months is on average the longest you can cure before it starts to go down hill. It does vary form strain to strain, some do keep better longer than others.

J

Janus

What's the feedback on the nitrogen injected vacuum sealers? I've heard differing opinions.

jammie

jammie

i use one of those old timey $30 pump n seal. useing new lids on my jars, they maintain a good vacuum for about 6 months or so. i usually check and reseal every 4 months or so and the weed stays fresh for over a year. plus mold can't live in a vacuum or even a near vacuum

Top Bottom