Is there a flushing agent you can use with organics?

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Hey buds...after my first grow I think that I should have flushed a bit more than I did.

So I wanted to know just as a safety precaution, if there was a flushing agent like Final Flush or something like that that is compatible with organic soil and nutes?

I know I could just start flushing earlier with more water but I just wanted to ask this.

All info is appreciated.

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
Shouldnt have to flush with organic soil/nutes.

S

Sea Of Green

Or any soil/nutes, but that's another argument altogether.

Just use more water. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Bad analogy...but you get my point.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
molasses is always nice

I use 1 tbs/5gal every other water during flush

I

ibTheMan

Oh yah you can use 1ml per gallon B'Cuzz flavor(molasses) with 75ml pg Vermi T

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've always juss flush with RO water cuz I can't afford extra stuff it always works great.. But I think I want 2 try the molasses next

B

basement botany

I use grandma's molasses robust plants seem to love it.

G

GrimloxK

hey guys...the reason i'm asking this is because I just completed my first grow of some Barney's Farm Red Dragon, and I was using roots organics soil with Roots organics nutrients....I mean this isn't true TLO style but it worked for a first-time noob like myself.

I have about an ounce and a half curing inside a mason jar sealed up for a month right now but I took about 2 grams in a small glass bottle to sample from time to time and when I light it up I hear some slight crackling which I know signifies that some nutes were left over and that I didn't flush properly.

I know alot of you guys said to use molasses to flush but I flushed my 3 gallon smart pot with 5 gallons of distilled water...and according to the roots organics feeding schedule I flushed with their molasses product called "trinity".

So maybe it was the excess salts or something, but I know good bud shouldn't crackle...or does the crackling go away after a good cure? Does the ethylene gas that is released in curing remove the crackling as well?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I know alot of you guys said to use molasses to flush but I flushed my 3 gallon smart pot with 5 gallons of distilled water...and according to the roots organics feeding schedule I flushed with their molasses product called "trinity".

how often and for how long?

one shot deal is not gona get it done

in soil you need 2 weeks minimum IMO

i wouldnt use distilled water - filtered water is fine

C

CT Guy

First of all, you don't need to flush with organics. What are you "flushing" out? Any remaining nutrients are going to be locked up within the cellular walls of the microorganisms.

Just stop feeding a couple of weeks before harvest...easy as that!

G

GrimloxK

CT I think your right. I was actually feeding up until about 10 days before I started flushing with distilled water and 5 ml of "trinity" per gallon.

Motherlode...is their something wrong with store bought distilled water? I thought it had a ph of 7.0 and is basically reverse osmosis purified.

The only filter I have is a brita water filter so idk how well that works on regular tap water.

C

CT Guy

CT I think your right. I was actually feeding up until about 10 days before I started flushing with distilled water and 5 ml of "trinity" per gallon.

Motherlode...is their something wrong with store bought distilled water? I thought it had a ph of 7.0 and is basically reverse osmosis purified.

The only filter I have is a brita water filter so idk how well that works on regular tap water.

A brita filter will remove the chlorine/chloramines, that is just fine. No need to spend money on distilled water. Even if you just used regular tap water, I wouldn't be overly concerned, especially towards the end of your grow cycle.

G

GrimloxK

well what I was really concerned about was the flouride and the TDS of nyc water...I think it's like the worst or one of the worst in the country.

So is their anything around the price of a brita that would work much better? My only qualms is that I can't drop $2-300 for a r.o. faucet filter right now.

C

CT Guy

well what I was really concerned about was the flouride and the TDS of nyc water...I think it's like the worst or one of the worst in the country.

So is their anything around the price of a brita that would work much better? My only qualms is that I can't drop $2-300 for a r.o. faucet filter right now.

I don't know of anything, but that's not really my specialty. We have great water out here in the pacific NW. I'd check with the guys at hydro logic. I picked up there small boy a few years back and use that on my tap water when I'm filling a reservoir, but that's about it.

http://www.hydrologicsystems.com/

I

ibTheMan

I've always juss flush with RO water cuz I can't afford extra stuff it always works great.. But I think I want 2 try the molasses next

The problem with flushn with RO is you will strip out alot of the flavor, addn molasses will help, Vermi T cost $15 and makes about 20 to 25 gallons you add 1ml B'Cuzz Flavor your good to go.

G

GrimloxK

The problem with flushn with RO is you will strip out alot of the flavor, addn molasses will help, Vermi T cost $15 and makes about 20 to 25 gallons you add 1ml B'Cuzz Flavor your good to go.

this is interesting...for my next grow I was gonna use out my roots organics soil and nutrients and add some hygrozyme.

Is vermi T and B'Cuzz flavor compatible with organics?

C

CT Guy

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. How does RO water, molasses, or VermiT possibly effect the flavor of your plant.

The whole reason to flush is to remove salt buildup, which is typically caused by an abundance of synthetic nutrients being applied to a medium through the course of your growing period. With organics, you don't get that salt buildup because the microbes are cycling the nutrients to the plant (google "microbial loop" or "nutrient cycling").

Adding molasses doesn't "sweeten" your buds and VermiT is nothing more than a poor excuse for aerated compost tea (which isn't going to hurt anything, but isn't exactly "flushing" either).

I strongly believe this is another one of those "MJ myths" that have been perpetuated over the years, but have very little to do with credible plant and soil science.

Of course, if anyone has information that supports another conclusion, I would love to see some data on that and am more than happy to admit when I'm wrong.

I

ibTheMan

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. How does RO water, molasses, or VermiT possibly effect the flavor of your plant.

The whole reason to flush is to remove salt buildup, which is typically caused by an abundance of synthetic nutrients being applied to a medium through the course of your growing period. With organics, you don't get that salt buildup because the microbes are cycling the nutrients to the plant (google "microbial loop" or "nutrient cycling").

Adding molasses doesn't "sweeten" your buds and VermiT is nothing more than a poor excuse for aerated compost tea (which isn't going to hurt anything, but isn't exactly "flushing" either).

I strongly believe this is another one of those "MJ myths" that have been perpetuated over the years, but have very little to do with credible plant and soil science.

Of course, if anyone has information that supports another conclusion, I would love to see some data on that and am more than happy to admit when I'm wrong.

RO locks to certain elements thats why if you run RO you have to add CalMag and things every time, Vermi T is a natural key-later and sense Vermi T is liven stuff the Molasses feeds them.

Heres what you guys can do, do your flush your way, cut your top buds, then flush with the T and wait a day then cut down the rest, the rest will be better, but try it for yourself.
also just go ask your local grow peeps about stripn flavor in flush , if they have no idea, well there not very good grows, with little knowledge.

Top Bottom