Is there a place

• Thread starter FOE20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Hey Co folk...Ive had some exp with Co product...both good n bad...
question is whats avail for a person with a extensive stock collection and quite a few years under the belt...is it already over saturated?...really tired of sweatin every day in a non-friendly-legal state..is it worth the move?...and which parts are most kind?...
For myself Ive done this for a bit over 20yrs...worked with some stand up folk as Gruru, motareb, and atm starting new work with Tony of Sagarmatha..
but just curious and thnx for any input..
FOE20

M

Mr. Greeny

It would depend on what you are looking to do here in CO. If you are looking to open up a shop, then I would say no it's not worth the move. We have more shops than Starbucks here. With some of the threat coming from the feds, opening up a shop here would be like dropping money in a bucket. But if you were to want to become a grower for a shop, then by all means move. We could always use more people here that can produce nice meds.
Cheers!

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
good point n should of made my intentions more clear MrGreen...no shop connect wanted or desired at all..I'd rather produce for a small handful of MED folk with serious needs and issues.....main thing being able to share and work with folks on growing, trouble shooting rooms and strains in those enviros...and just to be involved with ppl set on quality and not quantity or costs n $$...its all about the plant and the quality of the meds it provides..
I started and have run ABNormal MED CoOp since aprox 96?..Mainly want to open my stock box and help get the stock thats older in use and out for others to try..Specially some of the strains I know are solid..
My list is over 4-500 varieties deep and have been aquired in many ways..I keep a good selection of 15-25+ moms with both passed/elite cuts and selections from seed...Im more of a seed guy tho ya know...I really am not impressed with the cut scene..I'd rather it was all known selection from well documented work from solid older lines..but now a days its gotten way of that track..and my 1 think is being a stickler on exactly what I have...
Ive passed a few cuts to Co scene tho..if you see or can find the 3xBMoonshine, (ABN)NL#5, FOEBerry, or SQueen I'd be really stoked..specially to get that NL5 cut back not to mention me old FBerry..and that SQueen was the best Rom dom pheno Ive seen to date...
but thats the jist....thnx for the reply and hope to least roll thru Co again soon and meet some "real" kewl folk...Im in my 40s n dont play games so it is a serious inquiry..Plus Im just up the street sorta speak but its to corn fed here for me anymore...Time to get a good look at those Co Mountains..only been thru Den and stayed in Vail a few times..but lookin for a kewl fun place but close enough to stay in touch with midwest fam..thnx again
FOE20

3xBMmacro1 11 23 08
3xBMheadbud 01 26 08
3xBMbloomSidebud 01 14 08
6 NL5scroppedCanopy2 17 02 27 08
3 NL5solosBloom med
NL5almostDWC 03 09 08
NL5dwcFullTKO 03 03 08
FBerryHead1 11 23 08
FBerryHeads3 11 23 08
M

Mr. Greeny

Well it sounds like you have already decided. I hope you enjoy Colorado. I can't think of a better place to live in the US. We are the mile high!

Melizzard

Melizzard

Shoooot, bring that stuff up to Woodland Park ... we could use you up here! Small mountain town in Teller County, 30 minutes NW of the Springs and about 1.5 hr from Denver. :) You'd be a big fish in a small pond. LOL

xxoo
Mel

good point n should of made my intentions more clear MrGreen...no shop connect wanted or desired at all..I'd rather produce for a small handful of MED folk with serious needs and issues.....main thing being able to share and work with folks on growing, trouble shooting rooms and strains in those enviros...and just to be involved with ppl set on quality and not quantity or costs n $$...its all about the plant and the quality of the meds it provides..
I started and have run ABNormal MED CoOp since aprox 96?..Mainly want to open my stock box and help get the stock thats older in use and out for others to try..Specially some of the strains I know are solid..
My list is over 4-500 varieties deep and have been aquired in many ways..I keep a good selection of 15-25+ moms with both passed/elite cuts and selections from seed...Im more of a seed guy tho ya know...I really am not impressed with the cut scene..I'd rather it was all known selection from well documented work from solid older lines..but now a days its gotten way of that track..and my 1 think is being a stickler on exactly what I have...
Ive passed a few cuts to Co scene tho..if you see or can find the 3xBMoonshine, (ABN)NL#5, FOEBerry, or SQueen I'd be really stoked..specially to get that NL5 cut back not to mention me old FBerry..and that SQueen was the best Rom dom pheno Ive seen to date...
but thats the jist....thnx for the reply and hope to least roll thru Co again soon and meet some "real" kewl folk...Im in my 40s n dont play games so it is a serious inquiry..Plus Im just up the street sorta speak but its to corn fed here for me anymore...Time to get a good look at those Co Mountains..only been thru Den and stayed in Vail a few times..but lookin for a kewl fun place but close enough to stay in touch with midwest fam..thnx again
FOE20

sky high

sky high

There is still opportunity here....but the first thing you will need to do is to wrap your head around the fact that what you now sell in an illegal state for "X" will be worth less than 1/2 of "X" once you enter this market. Same work...1/2 the money or less.

If that sounds like it will work for ya/for all the years you have in this game...good luck with the move.

Keep in mind as well, that if we were to "legalize" in November....pot will be worth 1/4th or less of the current asking price almost immediately because the >remaining< folks who only act when things get easy will spring into place to become "pot barons" and claim their fortunes too....just like the MMCer's did when they ran shod over Amendment 20 in 2009 and started the current downfall in prices that has affected EVERY patient in CO negatively.

happy trails

s h

S

SoCoMMJ

just like the MMCer's did when they ran shod over Amendment 20 in 2009 and started the current downfall in prices that has affected EVERY patient in CO negatively.

How can a downfall in prices negatively affect patients?

I think that is the best possible thing to happen for patients. In fact, that is the whole reason I started growing way back. For a patient that could not afford to buy because of the steep prices.

Sucks for caregivers and MMCs, but for patients it seems like a great thing to happen.

Dorje

Dorje

How can a downfall in prices negatively affect patients?

I think that is the best possible thing to happen for patients. In fact, that is the whole reason I started growing way back. For a patient that could not afford to buy because of the steep prices.

Sucks for caregivers and MMCs, but for patients it seems like a great thing to happen.

Agreed.

And to the OP, sure move to CO... if you can grow good weed you can sell it, just for 1/2 the price as a non-med state. IMO, it's worth it to be legal, I stick to the letter of the law and now I enjoy growing more because it doesn't stress me out. I've also been at this for nearly 20 years and had a couple run-ins with the law. I got lucky, but IME it's better to be legal and make less money than deal with the stress and possible results of being busted.

sky high

sky high

When >anyone< has a monopolized share and take of a false market...it hurts >everyone<.

Especially those who were forced to give up their rights so that the monopoly on sales could exist in the first place...via an arbitrary change in law which effected all patients negatively via a LOSS OF FREEDOM ala HB1284. (we got no vote as patients on this!)

Anytime I see rights being TAKEN AWAY from one person so another can benefit...I see it as a negative.

In the end, dorje, you don't have legal standing to sell your wares WHATSOEVER..... even at 1/2 price!

IMO, there is just as much risk now in that arena as there ever was...especially when you consider that by selling and going against the law you are also forfieting your medical defense when @ one point in time you had the RIGHT to make such sales.

Yes..less risk.....and that is why the clown bus keeps comin to town and droppin off more clowns!

be safe, all....

s h

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
true to a point MrGreeny....yea Co is my main goal but what part is my question..and what parts to mainly avoid if there be..

lots of good points tho over all and much thnx for all the views..to be honest its not about the profit at all..Yes I want to be able to support myself but also I let the MEDs supports itself..as its pays for itself..but I try to only set a cost of it by my cost and not the avr price anyway...but talking seeds and parent lines and working with select top shelf cultivar varieties is key..
Wish to help folks dig thru my stock box and help me run all these varieties..
I only keep things small at my own place where I can provide for myself and as said a select few others at low cost if any...I used to give a few folks their meds cause they pay ridicules amounts for the pharms..So isnt it just logical to help them with MEDs that will lower the amount of pharms they pay for this giving the MED user more options and income to work from..
but basically I love selecting and growing herb from seed..and thats why "where" is a important thing as I dont want to get stuck with folks who are just out to get he best Yielding strain I have in the box..but man to have the mountains n fishin n all that avail is killin me...bout chilllin with kewl folk n stayin off the charts and lookin up in the stars...you cats sound driven and proud of your ground..I can dig it...thnx again
FOE20

Dorje

Dorje

In the end, dorje, you don't have legal standing to sell your wares WHATSOEVER..... even at 1/2 price!

Not true, Amendment 20 gives everyone the right to sell 2 oz or less to anyone with a red card. Unless you're a caregiver, then it's defined you can only sell to your patients. Lots of people selling 2 oz or less and/or clones and plants on craigslist... and they have been for years.

Disclaimer -I personally wouldn't sell on cl, it's really dangerous in many ways. Don't do it.

Dorje

Dorje

true to a point MrGreeny....yea Co is my main goal but what part is my question..and what parts to mainly avoid if there be..

Boulder County is probably a good choice. Some towns have plant limits, so if you're looking to breed I'd stay in unincorporated Boulder County and get a rec from your Dr. for increased plant count. I would avoid the North Denver area, mainly to avoid the N. Metro Task Force, they are anti-mmj. There's probably lots of other places to avoid in CO, some of the leos are very conservative...

K

kolah

According to the feds none of it is legal in CO. I think the state mmj laws give people a false sense of security. Not to mention the fact that all "legal" users and growers are databased.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Things aren't all that bad here in the Springs area FOE and theres good fishing near by. Hit me up bro.

A

areUkind

foe20

hey op, i was just wondering where you plan on meeting your new clients?? you realize everyone in colorado +their grandparents are growing and i kid you not, everyone knows atleast two growers even if they dont realize it. i dont mean to be rude, infact im trying to save you the hassle...

if you can make good money growing where you are then id stay cause it really isnt a picnic here. if you dont believe me, look at denver and boulder craigslist adds. soooooooo many people sitting on sooooo much herb its insane and guess what! the mmc's are doing weed for even less than caregivers so be prepared to compete with that.

btw no one and i mean NO ONE wants to smoke nl-5 out here so you are really gonna have to step your game up right there anyways... just saying...

Resinable

Resinable

foe20

hey op, i was just wondering where you plan on meeting your new clients?? you realize everyone in colorado +their grandparents are growing and i kid you not, everyone knows atleast two growers even if they dont realize it. i dont mean to be rude, infact im trying to save you the hassle...

if you can make good money growing where you are then id stay cause it really isnt a picnic here. if you dont believe me, look at denver and boulder craigslist adds. soooooooo many people sitting on sooooo much herb its insane and guess what! the mmc's are doing weed for even less than caregivers so be prepared to compete with that.

btw no one and i mean NO ONE wants to smoke nl-5 out here so you are really gonna have to step your game up right there anyways... just saying...

Wow. Is it really that bad? I've been thinking about the possibilities of Colorado living also. Norcal is beyond flooded and I'm sick of it. Was considering taking an exploratory trip out there to see what it is like but from the sounds of it, it might not be worth it. If you grow the best quality Meds are you able to unload it to a dispensary for fair compensation? Or will you be sitting on it watching the bills pile up? If you have your CA med card can you get into the dispensaries there?

A

Alkaline

It's not terrible. I made the move here to the springs a few years ago and I couldn't be happier with my decision. What they said about pricing? It's true. You'll make a lot less here. And the market, if craigslist is an indicator, seems a little saturated so stepping up your game is a must. I was ready for that aspect but some of the quality of the bud I find in this area still amazes me. Some of it completely blows my mind.

If you've got the patience, the nerve and the desire to come to Colorado, then I say do it.

sky high

sky high

If you grow the best quality Meds are you able to unload it to a dispensary for fair compensation? Or will you be sitting on it watching the bills pile up? If you have your CA med card can you get into the dispensaries there?

Question 1 - No. It is no longer legal for patients to sell to the dispensaries.

Question 2 - that's a good possibility unless you keep your ties back home strong

Question 3 - No, your CA med card is worthless here.

Top Bottom