Is there an Ideal Ph for Foliar feeding?

• Thread starter budbrothers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rayfloyd

I don't think anyone has mentioned the ph of the medium yet... I like 5.5 up to 8.5 depending on ph of medium and stage of growth....in case your wondering why does the ph of medium matter it is because you can help adjust with foliar how long it adjust varies but I do know that foliars are present in roots hours after application so this may also help with CEC ;)

R

Rayfloyd

What are you growing in? Weed likes acidic I have never heard of the PH over 7.0!!!

R

Rayfloyd

just wondering if there is a range for ph on floral feeding?

i would assume its the same as watering but im not sure. anyone know?

please no noobie input. i want seasoned growers experience please. im not trying to be rude but if noobies put in false info then the ones who are trying to learn wont.

thanks for your understanding.
Rayfloyd 3.2 -3.7 phosphorus & potassium is ideal but zink likes 4.1

Monster762

Monster762

Rayfloyd 3.2 -3.7 phosphorus & potassium is ideal but zink likes 4.1
3.2 is like running pure ph down. I know that foliar are ( by the books) more effective slightly lower like in the 5.5 range.

nbecker

nbecker

The pH of silica based foliars are usually between 8.5 and 10. They are used in IPM against Powdery Mildew and soft body insects.

Papaseed

Papaseed

The pH of silica based foliars are usually between 8.5 and 10. They are used in IPM against Powdery Mildew and soft body insects.
Powdery mildew cannot survive that alkaline of solution. If Si is mixed at lower ph say 6.5... it will no longer be effective at killing PM Perhaps it could still benefit plant.. point is ph water at 10 and it kills powdery mildew on contact that’s why baking soda and water is also used for PM treatment.

Top Bottom