Is there an organic pesticide for outdoor preventative maintenance?

• Thread starter MercDod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MercDod

MercDod

Im looking for a brand name or a particular product that is common for cannibis growers as I dont want to go down the trial and error trail. I have read a few post about Dr. Zymes that sound promising. I have no issues as of now but want a good preventive maintenance program to keep outdoor plants healthy. What do you use (actual product), how do you use it and any other helpful comments? I have also heard a lot about neem oil (good and bad), but again no particular product.

TSD

TSD

I've been using Lost Coast plant therapy as a preventative this year and it's been doing well at keeping critters at bay. I'm mildly confident I could recreate the mix myself at home, but for now I have a big bottle. I spray well, tops and bottom of leaves, stems and soil about every 3/4 days. I also used Monterey BT a couple times to keep caterpillars and other leaf munchers disinterested. Neem is good, but it is strong and the smell stays around, so definitely only for veg. I use it if I get an infestation of something, but I think it's a bit much as a preventative... as far as brand, just get pure neem and mix it yourself, it's the cheapest route. I also use diatomaceous earth around the stems for crawling critters. I have various herbs as well to deter some of the critters. I add nematodes in spring as well.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Knowing what pests are in your area would go a long way.

Buy stuff from anyone, but I find that the Arbico Organics website is a wealth of pest education — how to identify and deal with pests, using various methods.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Im looking for a brand name or a particular product that is common for cannibis growers as I dont want to go down the trial and error trail. I have read a few post about Dr. Zymes that sound promising. I have no issues as of now but want a good preventive maintenance program to keep outdoor plants healthy. What do you use (actual product), how do you use it and any other helpful comments? I have also heard a lot about neem oil (good and bad), but again no particular product.
Potassic soap for prevention (aphids, mites, white fly).
BT for caterpillars (i spray about once a week from beginning of flowering until last week before harvest).
Moth caterpillars are the most destuctive of all insects for my plants.

AirHammer

AirHammer

bugs eventually give up or bite a lot less when the plants are healthy. healthy makes them difficult prey for bugs. a silicate additive will further add to the strength of plants. pesticides I don't do.

unless its a garlic mixture. but I hear bugs just laugh at it and other home remedies (yes they do say its so and laugh apparently ;)

Top Bottom